Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Shopping mall Nativity scenes...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,837
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

ChristmasRose has shown a merry dispositionChristmasRose has shown a merry disposition
holly Shopping mall Nativity scenes...

Curious, is there a Nativity scene in your local shopping mall at Christmas...?

Ours had a life-sized one each year (including live animals) for many years. It was placed in the center of the mall near the huge tree.

Then, around the late 1980s we noticed it was getting quite tattered. The following year the live animals were no more. By Christmastime in the early 1990s it had been pushed out to the exterior of the mall. Then, one year it was gone.

The year we noticed it had disappeared we asked Mall Customer Service if it had been replaced and possibly put in a different spot. We were told we were the first to ask about it and that nobody seemed to care anymore.

With each Christmastime I find myself always hoping to see its return.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristmasRose For This Useful Post:
Wen (01-21-2010)
Old 01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,159 Times in 28,861 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The mall closest to me doesn't even put up decorations anymore. They say that it is a cost cutting move.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Sadly, the malls near me have never had a nativity scene (in my generation anyways). But in my hometown there is a beautiful Catholic church where they always have a beautiful nativity for as long as I can remember. I will try to find a photo to share!

Click to see my photography!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:19 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I don't remember seeing a nativity scene at any shopping mall in the last twenty years. But always the "Santa's Castle" type set-up complete with photographer.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,383 Times in 801 Posts
brittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companionbrittd19 is a safe caroling companion
No Nativity scene..but There are a bunch of decorations.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
No, but what a wonderful idea.....