Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » have you ever been carolling?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
We go caroling as a family every year. In our neighborhood it is a great way to get several free hot cocoas.

My kids insist that we ALWAYS wait for a snowy night to go.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,063 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
I remember going caroling when I was a child. Its a part of Christmas that I really miss
Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
We go caroling as a family every year. In our neighborhood it is a great way to get several free hot cocoas.

My kids insist that we ALWAYS wait for a snowy night to go.
that way you REALLY need cocoa
Old 08-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,818 Times in 3,859 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
We used to go with my church youth club when I was 12-15 years old... fun stuff! Mostly we sang traditional Christmas carols (as one would expect from a church sponsored group), but one year I talked them into doing a rousing rendition of Snoopy's Christmas... since I was the "weakest" singer in the group, I got to do all the bi-plane and chattering machine gun sound effects...
Old 08-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
I was a member of the show choir in high school. We would try to encourage people in the regular choir to carol with us to raise money for a charity we did every year.

We'd go house to house caroling in as many neighborhoods as possible and raise money for a shelter for abused women and their children. Then, with the money, we'd buy gifts for the kids and the show choir bus driver would dress as Santa to bring to them. Those were some great times.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

MerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry dispositionMerrySouthernChristmas has shown a merry disposition
I've never actually gone,
The one time my girl scout troop actually did go, i was sick...
But in seventh grade on one of the days before exams before winter break, in choir class, we actually went around to different classes and sang a carol for them... it was slightly embaressing but really fun too!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:48 PM
cheryl65

tree

I can remember going with friends once or twice when i was young. I'm a horrible singer but we always had fun.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
I used to go carolling every weekend when I was a kid. I loved it!! I have sang my entire life. I haven't been so much as an adult...but I think I will this year. I miss it!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
I went caroling a couple of times with my Spanish class in high school. We sang Spanish carols. It was fun! I have always wanted to get a caroling group together here in Nashville, but my family members (some of them anyway) are lame and just not that in to Christmas like I am. Hopefully, I'll be able to get something together eventually. I remain optimistic!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
A gang from my Church youth group used to go out. We were all quite musical and used to do it in four part harmony unaccompanied! Great stuff.

My Church goes round the old folks homes and even the local supermarket most years.

We don't have a church choir, but last year a group of us learn some four part stuff to sing over the top of everyone at the two carols by candlelight services we had. That was great fun. I hope we do it again this year.