Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Your personal all time favourite festive film?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,850
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 08-24-2008, 05:29 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
noel, she loves it
Maybe Mrs.H will skip this section and still be pleasantly surprised when you get it for her.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:34 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
i just wish they would release it on dvd
Old 09-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

christmas-junkie has shown a merry dispositionchristmas-junkie has shown a merry disposition
santahat Movie

I love Christmas with the Kranks. I love that movie. Makes me feel festive anytime of the year. I also love Jingle All The Way.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by kgstyles View Post
National Lampons Christmas Vacation!!!!!!
Me too. I love Christmas Vacation.

While posting at Warchant.com (Go Seminoles, btw) we were discussing our favorite comedies of all time. Of course, I said CVacation was my favorite and even quoted several scenes. Then a poster by the name of "TacoNole" said "hey, I was in that movie."

No way! Yeah Right.

Turned out he was Eddie's son Rocky real name Cody Burger. I like to have flipped out. Small world, we talked about the flick for a while and still chat a bit.

He made a few more movies and now is a Cysco systems tech in Tallahassee, FL.

Very cool!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Oh, while Christmas Vacation is my favorite.....I have long list of ones that are must see every year. Too many to list....
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

BritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elf
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
so, what is your all time favourite festive film?

one that you just have to watch in the run up to christmas and just hearing the title makes you feel the festive spirit.

mine is love actually.

My family has always started the Christmas season by watching national lampoons christmas vacation on thanksgiving night.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:07 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I watch Little Lord Fauntleroy every year....as well as Christmas Vacation....of course I love the Home Alone movies....but just 1 and 2......the Polarexpress is just beautifull...my brother brought the White Christmas movie wit Bing....and it´s very beautifull, too.....I also like Scrooged....the 80s Christmas Carol with I think Bill Murray......and I adore Mickey´s Christmas Carol.....and of course last but not least....Rudolph the rednosed reindeer....the rankin/bass production....to me it´s the most adorable Christmas show for kids ever made
Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I have lots of favourite Christmas films but I MUST see Santa Claus the Movie and Miracle on 34th Street on Christmas Eve. It's become a tradition for me,it really gets me into the Christmas Spirit.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i also watch bridget jones in the run up to christmas. although it's not strictly a festive film, alot of it is set in christmas/winter.

i also have to watch nightmare before christmas, the snowman and home alone - lost in new york.

i really wanna see polar express. what's it about?

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
hard to describe since I saw it only once....but it was so nice...wait a second I will find a summary or a page describes what it´s all about

3minutes later

a summary from wikipedia.org
The Polar Express is a story of a young boy on Christmas Eve in the late 1950s who is hoping for belief in the true spirit of Christmas. He suddenly hears some noise from down in the kitchen, after realizing that it was his parents, he runs back to his room and looks at magazines and encyclopedias for confirmation of Santa and the North Pole, he then hurries back to his bed and his parents talk in a whisper about how the boy has been staying up all night waiting for Santa. After he had temporarily fallen asleep, a magictrain called the Polar Express pulls up in front of his house and he is invited by the train's mysterious conductor to journey to the North Pole.
On the train, the boy encounters other kids who are on their way to see Santa. The boy also encounters a mysterious hobo, who lives on the top of the train, and the two engineers. They then reach the North Pole and find out that a lonely boy in the back of the train does not want to see Santa because since he has come from a broken home on the bad side of his hometown, Christmas doesn't work out for him that well. The boy and girl convince him to come with them, but the train lost it's brake mechanism and they travel through the North Pole, only to find their way back to the heart of the city. The boy then says he believes in Santa and the spirit of Christmas. He then sees Santa's reflection on the bell.
The boy is handpicked by Santa Claus to receive the first gift of Christmas. Realizing that he could choose anything in the world, the boy asks for one beautiful-sounding silver bell from Santa's sleigh. The boy places the bell in the pocket of his robe and all the children watch as Santa takes off for his yearly delivery.

I left out the end....so I don´t spoil the movie for Ya.... You will love it...I´m sure

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You