Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » Some Thanksgiving help required....

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,443
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,906 Views  0 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,930 Views  0 Posts
The Scientific Theory of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:36 PM
50,635 Views  0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,483 Views  0 Posts
Being a Merry Mom
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:33 PM
48,680 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-20-2008, 05:02 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocaat

This is what I buy!!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:04 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,406 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Advocaat (or however) isn't eggnog. Eggnog is essentially a non alcoholic drink, usually found in the chiller section of the supermarket next to the milk. It can, however, be doctored into an alcoholic drink!!!!

I have never found it sold over here - but never fear, there are plenty of recipes on this forum for excellent eggnog from scratch.

Pie - Pumpkin pie is more along the look of a cheesecake without fruit on the top. You can't tell me you haven't had an apple or lemon meringue pie??!!! Not all pies are steak and kidney!!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
It's the closest thing to eggnog we have! lol, well it is made from eggs !!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
looks like i'm going to have to make a batch from scratch to accompany my thanksgiving meal! i'll have a look for some recipes in a minute.

i have to be honest, those sweet pies sound scary!!!!! i'm all for apple pie, cherry pie etc, made with a sweet crust, but don't know whether i would enjoy pumpkin pie.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:25 PM
cheryl65

Pumpkin pie is fabulous with lots of whipped cream!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:36 AM

Last Achievements

Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
You're right - it's wonderful BUT how do you describe it to someone that's only dealt with the big orange thing?? How do you tell someone that squidgy mess (okay you get rid of the seeds and goop) turns into a REALLY good pie??

Totally new experience for them..........

Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Wow I actually had no idea you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK...Guess I've been under a rock? I suppose I just never really thought about it,but now that Im thinking about it ok...... What made you decide to have Thanksgiving this year if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

misjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by snowytree View Post
Wow I actually had no idea you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK...Guess I've been under a rock? I suppose I just never really thought about it,but now that Im thinking about it ok...... What made you decide to have Thanksgiving this year if you don't mind me asking?
I also didn't know!! I must be under a rock too, I've joined you!! And good question!!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by snowytree View Post
i don't mind you asking at all! the reason i decided to have thanksgiving this year... honest answer? you guys. looking at the forum it seems like such a lovely day to spend with family and you all seem to have a great day. it won't be a full on thanksgiving, i'll just cook some traditional thanksgiving food and put a christmas movie on for me and my OH and quietly thank the lord for what i have!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:44 AM

Last Achievements

Digressing just for a moment - I think that's one of the great things about this forum. Not only do we get to share in the celebration of Christmas, but we also get to learn so much more about the other countries that all the members come from. Last year, it amazed me how few people realised Canada had Thanksgiving as well and this year that the UK had different holidays (which DOESN'T include Thanksgiving). There is a HUGE world out here, beyond the USA, which everyone can now share and appreciate, thanks to MMC & Co.