Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What's it like where you live?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,002
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 08-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

misjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry disposition
We live on a small farm about 30 minutes south of Pittsburgh. We do not really have anyone that we can get together with so we kinda keep to ourselves. We have 24 acres and a few farm animals that occupy our time. I would love to live in an area where you have friendly neighbors and have BBQ's. Our neighbors barely say hi if you accidently meet at the mail boxes. We do not have any close neighbors beside us, a few acres of land seperate us. But across the street we have some strange ones, and my husbands family live down the hill but are classified as the "theives" of the family. Aren't we lucky to live down the street from them?? We do not have alot of crime in the country, maybe a broken mailbox now and then. But other than that we let our doors unlocked and keys hanging in the cars. Wish we had close neighbors like others have spoken about, or nice and crowded family get togethers, but we're not lucky enough to have all that. It gets depressing at the holidays, but this site keeps me going!! Thank you all!!

Old 08-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
I live in a college town so the population goes up and down depending on what time of year it is. The population just increased by 5000 (about 30,000 or so now) or so yesterday. The neighbors are friendly but keep to themselves. There's some crime in the area. We've had things disappear that weren't locked up and a car broken into. There's also rumors of gang activity in the area, but it isn't bad yet. I'd love to live in a small town, rural area; but that's not possible right now.

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
Old 08-22-2008, 12:03 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,252 Times in 2,296 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
My neighborhood is so rough, the ice cream truck plays "Helter Skelter". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9KRpEkGfY
Old 08-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,763 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
We live in a converted loft. Once upon a time the whole building used to be an old fashioned grocery store with stables for the delivery horse and the loft to store the meal and grain. There are now 3 apartments - one long one downstairs in what used to be the stable and 2 upstairs in the ex-loft! The whole thing is surrounded by an 8ft stone wall and it's wonderful!!

The town itself is a little different from Toronto!! Toronto - pop. 3 million Blairgowrie - pop. zilch. Major culture shock. That said, scenery wise, Perthshire can't be beaten and is considered the gateway to the Highlands. If you follow it round on a globe, we are on a par with Moscow and in the middle of Hudson's Bay!!! Explains why the weather sucks........!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,153 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I live on the Border of Mass and R.I its a really nice town to raise kids,good schools,etc..I live on a street right off "downtown" North Attleborough.crime is low here.its ok here but if you're not a "Townie" they don't talk to ya.it's ok im from Boston so its not like I wanna talk to these people lol.

They have a lot of activity downtown.Every christmas they have a parade,halloween they have a trick or treat for the kids at the business',for back to school they give you a bag you go around and the business' fill it with school supplies,easter egg hunts.fundraisers etc...

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 08-23-2008, 08:01 PM
MMC Master of SantaClausology

Last Achievements

Michael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnogMichael Rielly will NOT spit in your eggnog
Hey, Mumof2 -- sounds like we are neighbors!

I live in, what once was a quiet little coastal town in Rhode Island. Over that past 10 to 15 years the town has been over run by tourists. what once took 5-8 minutes to get downtown now takes 30-45 minutes!

"Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Looking for Santa? Check out my SantaBlog or visit my personal site
Want to become Santa or Mrs. Claus? Visit
ClausNET.com