Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,094 Views  1 Posts
Xtree1 The Christmas Legend of...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2012 02:18 PM
37,803 Views  0 Posts
Charles Dickens: A Merry...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2011 03:24 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
10-19-2013 09:51 PM
69,639 Views  1 Posts
Amanda
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:33 PM
46,011 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The History of My Merry...
By Jeff Westover
10-12-2002 09:20 PM
58,444 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
since i posted this by mistake elsewhere heres cranberry sauce:
that looks so wrong, yuck!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
You are right JOHNOR, it doesn't look right. Whoever served it should have either mashed it up with a fork (in the case of whole cranberry sauce) or sliced it (in the case of jellied cranberry sauce) before serving.

Leaving sitting there in the form of the can is just.....wrong.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
I was watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation last night and I got to thinking. Why does the Americans eat Jello (jelly) with their meat? Could someone please explain? and does it taste nice?

Hey wait! Don't you all eat mint jelly with lamb?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

Pam has shown a merry dispositionPam has shown a merry disposition
Im from Canada and jello is common with dinner, just as a side dish.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I always think of Jello ,as a dessert. However,I don't eat the cranberry sauce in any form.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,984 Times in 3,675 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JanaBanana View Post
I loath Jello... We have fresh cranberries None of glob from a can. Ick
lol....those cranberrys from the can look really terrible.... I mean....it looks so funny....the table is set so beautifull and then You have this funny can-like thing standing on Your table....

I can imagine that fresh cranberries taste much better.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
You know it's funny about the canned cranberry sauce, it makes me think of growing up. My mom used to buy the sauce in the can and she always liked it because you could use the can lines as a cutting guide...and there our cranberry sauce would sit all nice and evenly cut! Memories....LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I love jello and (jellied, from the can) cranberries. And it doesn't look to bad on the table if you slice it.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:03 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,984 Times in 3,675 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
that´s what I mean....if it´s not possible to slice or smash it...or if it´s a common thing to keep it can-formed...cause that just looks so funny
Old 09-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,402 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Im from Canada and jello is common with dinner, just as a side dish.
I'm from Canada too and have never had Jello as a side dish with a main course. There's been cranberry jelly with turkey (but usually Ocean Spray) or mint jelly with lamb (usually somebody that makes mint jelly) but the only Jello I've eaten has been for dessert. What flavour Jello would you have with dinner?? Serious question!!!!