Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,878)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

christmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elf
Enjoying the quiet

This is my favorite time of day. It's quiet, I'm the only one up, drinking coffee and visiting Christmas sites.
I take my three grand-daughters that live close by for one night each weekend (except the last weekend of the month, which is "grand-kid free") They are still sleeping, my husband is sleeping. I believe my son had to be at work for 4:30, but his gf is sleeping. The dog has been out, I took out the trash, and until the 2yo awakes, this is MY time.
LOL
We took out our fireplace a couple weeks ago and put in a wood stove to help with heating costs this winter. Now dh is putting the stone up on the wall behind it. I don't know how long it will take him to do this, but it should look pretty nice.
(Except we won't have the fireplace mantle for greenery and stockings!)
We are going to go apple picking later on today. The kids love doing that every year.
I hope you all have a great day!!

Old 09-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmasgranny - what a beautiful post you wrote! I can imagine you sipping coffee in your quiet home, filled with sleeping people you love! What a wonderful gift you give to everyone -- having the grandchildren spend those nights at your house! Good for you!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
You write beautifully - the morning is my favorite time as well. I live in the city and it is a wonder when everyone is still asleep and it's just me and the sweet little birds on the trees.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
candle

Hello christmasnanny,

Grandchildren are so wonderful. I love it when mine spend the night with us and when they get up in the morning, they find me and give me a big hug. So sweet.

Enjoy your quiet times and enjoy your not so quiet times with your precious angels.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Christmasgranny,
You are a treasure and priceless at that. I remember when I was very young and little that I would wake up and run to my grandparents and give them a hug. Ah! Fond memories. You could always put up a tiny mantle for the greenery and such. Or now that you have a hearth stone (I hope) that you could put their shoes on it and drop little gifts in their shoes like Saint Nicholas did.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:41 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,854 Times in 1,630 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
How wonderful! I, too, love the early morning when all is quiet... especially as fall and winter approach. The day is new and there is so much to look forward to.

Hope you are having a lovely day.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:23 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
I love the early morning hours too. Around autumn and winter it is so peaceful and fresh. I hope you have a lovely day
Old 09-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
what a lovely post!

i love early mornings, it's my favourite time of the day. especially cold, crisp autumn and winter mornings.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Just puzzled why the fireplace had to be removed. Couldn't your room have both, with a flue pipe going from the stove into the chimney through the wall above the fireplace?