Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » OK...Put On Those Thinking Cap's

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,231
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 09-07-2008, 06:02 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
I never grew up. I still have most of my favorite toys from "growing up", most of them being 1:64 scale die cast cars (Matchbox, Hotwheels, etc). Used to get at least a couple a week.

Now that I'm older, the toys keep getting bigger and more expensive, but I'm still a sucker for a cool Hotwheel.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,501 Times in 1,766 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
There was always a HUGE sense of achievement when my Hotwheel stayed on the track, made it round the loop the loop and beat Ian Crawford's Hotwheel which fell off on the first loop!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

sqrocker1 has shown a merry dispositionsqrocker1 has shown a merry disposition
Wow, this really brings back memories. I had most of those toys that were mentioned. I loved my easybake oven, snow cone maker, lots of barbies, raggedy Ann (which I still have) and Andy, colorforms and all the board games that were mentioned. I had a doll that I loved called baby magic that came with this magnetic wand so you could open and close her eyes and make her tears come down. I was a tomboy, so I got racing car sets with all the curving tracks, and electric trains. I still have trains, but not the set a had when I was a child. I had clackers too, several hula hoops with the beads inside and that thing that went around the ankle that we called a footsie. There is probably a lot more stuff, but I can't think of anything else right now.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Invalid Email

HouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Ms_Speedy_Elf View Post
Those clackers were supposedly banned because so many shattered.
I would not be surprised. I think our generation had to be tougher, our toys often tried to kill us!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
these clackers were really succesfull? I find them very annoying somehow....but then...that´s normal for me, since I never liked playing things where I didnt run around like crazy...only when I bought my game boy I slowed down a bit....for 20minutes
Old 09-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Good thread!!

Um....I remember having these toys but not all at once

Jem and The Holograms Dolls/stage
Barbie's, Peaches and Cream, Crystal Barbie, Day to Night Barbie
Al a Cart Kitchen (I think its spelt right)
ET soft toy
Roland Rat soft toy
Spirograph
Sega Megadrive
A CD Walkman

Therer's probably hundreds more but I will have to have a search on the net!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

christmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elf
Oh my, great thread to bring back memories.
I think I had the chicken pox the Christmas that I got my Chrissy doll. The next year I got, what I believe was her cousin. Her name was Velvet. She was a blonde rather than a red head. I loved Chrissy and Velvet.
We got lots of games. Life-Clue-Operation-Monopoly...all the standard family games that I now have here for my family.
We had an video game system.....the name will come to me eventually. (We had to attach the special screen to the tv set to play the different games. Video games have changed considerably since those days.)
I had record players and TONS of 45's and LP's. My parents belonged to Columbia House and their record collection was quite extensive and I always got to get any new Partridge Family, Jackson 5, The Osmonds, Bobby Sherman etc album I wanted.
I had doll houses, and dishes, and so much stuff that I wish I still had today! LOL
Old 09-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Chatty Kathy
Big wheel
Raggedy Ann
Sit and spin
Paper dolls
I can't remember some of the other things!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

deffenm has shown a merry dispositiondeffenm has shown a merry disposition
Rainbow Bright
Care Bears
Cababage Patch Dolls
Barbies
Strawberry Shortcake
He-Man & Skeletor - My brother got this but I loved it
Smurfs

It's funny that most of these toys are still around today.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
thx for reminding me of the smurfs!!! We´ve had them too....in fact....my daughter plays with the ones that are still there....so cute