Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Are you married? For how long?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,838
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Are you married? For how long?

After reading the news article Jeff posted yesterday, I was thinking....I know - scary thought!!
But, are you married? How long have you been married? Have you been married more than once?

I have been married to John for 20 years.
We met at Christ for the Nations Institute in Dallas, TX.
We knew each other all of 2 weeks when he proposed to me and I accepted! Now - 20 years later!!
Neither of us had been married before either.
We married August 13, 1988.
I had just turned 20 years old. So, we've been married half of our lives!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 09-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,001 Times in 1,079 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Congrats! I have been married for a little over a year now. Married August 4th 2007 I love my wife very much and we now have a little one on the way for March 27th 2009 My wife and I met online out of all places :P Then we met in person and hit it off!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
I will be married 17 years on December 29th.
I will be with my husband for 21 years on October 7th.
I am only 36.
I met and started dating my husband at age 15.
I got married at age 19...six months after graduating high school!!
I have been with him MORE than half my life
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

OleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elf
My wife and I celebrated our 4th anniversary 4 days ago
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have never been married and never plan to ! I love being single ! I decided to live my life as a single at the age of 20 and never changed my mind nor regretted it !
Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Married or single? I think both states are GREAT! As long as you are HAPPY! Unhappy - neither state is so good.

My husband and I have been married for 48 years this month -- and I am really, really happy to be married to him! He always says -- "We have been married for 35 wonderful years! And 8 mediocre years. And 5 really bad years." Which is very true. You all know that I think it is important to be happy as much as possible! But, I personally don't see how you can be married for a long time without having some really, really bad patches. Because - we are human.

So - single, with a happy life - marvelous! Married with a happy marriage - marv-elous. Married with a marriage that is just bad (and I don't mean having a bad period) - not so marvelous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SparkleNana For This Useful Post:
irishgirl (09-29-2008), JOHNOR (09-22-2008), pinkini (09-22-2008)
Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I'm not married again YET,but my b/f and I have been together for 5 and a 1/2 year's now.He makes me happier than all the year's combined when I was married before.

Like I said I have been married before for 24 year's ,but we'd been separated since 2001 . I have 2 grown children 22 and 19 from that marriage.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have been married for a 17 1/2 years....was 19 years old..my husband 18. I have known him since I was 17 years old, practically 20 years now.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
1st Post!

My wife and I will have been married for 20 years on October 8th.
Our first "date" was going out 'trick or treating' in 1985 (I was 17, she was 16)... so we've been together for 23 years.
We married when I was 20 and she was 19... kinda sounds a bit like officepro4u's story... LOL!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
My husband and I have been married almost 2 years this winter!