Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Are you married? For how long?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,437
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part IV: He...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:47 PM
66,426 Views  0 Posts
A Gift from a Two Year...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:35 PM
45,256 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Evolution of...
By MMC Editor
10-10-2011 12:10 AM
66,102 Views  0 Posts
The Magic of Santa
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:12 PM
55,816 Views  0 Posts
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,063 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

yolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by SparkleNana View Post
Married or single? I think both states are GREAT! As long as you are HAPPY! Unhappy - neither state is so good.

My husband and I have been married for 48 years this month -- and I am really, really happy to be married to him! He always says -- "We have been married for 35 wonderful years! And 8 mediocre years. And 5 really bad years." Which is very true. You all know that I think it is important to be happy as much as possible! But, I personally don't see how you can be married for a long time without having some really, really bad patches. Because - we are human.

So - single, with a happy life - marvelous! Married with a happy marriage - marv-elous. Married with a marriage that is just bad (and I don't mean having a bad period) - not so marvelous.
very true
Old 09-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,316 Times in 3,114 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My hubby & I have been married for 11 1/2 years...will be 12 in March. This is the 1st (& hopefully last) marriage for both of us. He asked me out for the 1st time on Oct. 29, 1994 when he was dressed up for Halloween...I would have never said yes had I seen the real him.... KIDDING!!! It was a good choice to agree to a date & the rest is history!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
We will have been married for 8 years come Oct and been together for 10 years come Dec and we still feel and act like newlyweds
Old 09-22-2008, 11:53 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,049 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by officepro4u View Post
I will be married 17 years on December 29th.
I will be with my husband for 21 years on October 7th.
I am only 36.
I met and started dating my husband at age 15.
I got married at age 19...six months after graduating high school!!
I have been with him MORE than half my life

wow...now that sounds great!

I will hopefully be married around this time next year....Since I am German and he is Cameroonian...it takes a long time and a lot of money for us to be able to marry...because of the certificates and everything....if we could....we would marry right now....but itīs just not possible....
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Twenty-One Years...

to the same woman! My first wife broke me from wanting to marry again!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
wow...now that sounds great!

I will hopefully be married around this time next year....Since I am German and he is Cameroonian...it takes a long time and a lot of money for us to be able to marry...because of the certificates and everything....if we could....we would marry right now....but itīs just not possible....
What is a Cameroonian?? I've never heard of it and why does it cost so much to marry him?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,049 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
it means he comes from the african country Cameroon......it´s expensive to get all the certificates approved by the German law....a lot of foreigners just married to be able to stay in the country....so they have gotten quite strict on those things....unfortunately for us.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i have been with my lovely partner for almost 6 years.

we began dating on 23rd november 2002, on christmas eve 2002 he told me he had fallen in love with me and wanted to make a real go of things! we have been living together for just over 2 years. he makes me so happy, but at times, he gets on my last nerve! (men)

i would love us to take the next step and get engaged, we have spoken about it and i hope it happens in the next 12 months. i'll be sure to let you all know as soon as he pops the question!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
irishgirl (09-29-2008)
Old 09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Dreamer has shown a merry disposition
I've been married for 31 years this October 29th. We got married when I was 21 and he was 18!!!!

About 2:00 a.m. on our wedding night we were starving and went to an all night restaurant for breakfast. Everyone thought we were dressed up for Halloween, lol!

SparkleNana-I loved your post. All so true. Marriage is hard work and I consider sticking it out for the long haul to be one of my greatest accomplishments. (Well, mine and the Lord's!)

Dreamer
Old 09-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
I am single and happy.

Im in no rush to get married and if someone comes along and it happens well that is fine by me but if it doesnt well im not worried at all