Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Autumn Dinner/Dessert Recipes...

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
34,061 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:31 PM
46,099 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa live for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:59 PM
51,966 Views  0 Posts
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,594 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-23-2008, 12:05 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Autumn Dinner/Dessert Recipes...

Ok this is what Im making now for dinner... I have it in the my 10QT roasting oven instead of the oven to keep it moist Im surprising the family...Let me just say my house smells DELICIOUS right now!!!

Simple Savory Pork Roast
1 tablespoons rosemary
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 pounds boneless pork loin roast

**NOTE** My roast was larger then this, so I doubled the recipe and added some oil and a little water to make a rub out of it instead...
Im adding Red Potatoes about an hour or so before we eat and making a rice to go with it.
DESSERT
(again I used a larger pan so I doubled this recipe too..)
Apple Upside-Down Cake
1/3 cup butter, cut up
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
6 very small red cooking apples (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb.), halved, stems removed, cored
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place 1/3 cup butter in a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Place in oven 5 minutes or until butter melts. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter; stir. Arrange 9 apple halves in mixture, cut sides down. Bake in oven 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly.
2. Meanwhile, peel remaining apples. Coarsely shred; set aside. In bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon. Add shredded apple, milk, 1/4 cup butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low until combined; beat on medium 1 minute. Spoon over apples, spread evenly (apple may be exposed; some butter may come to surface).
3. Bake 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen edges; invert onto platter. Spoon any topping in pan over top. Cool 20 minutes; serve with ice cream. Makes 9 servings.

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
The Following User Says Thank You to JanaBanana For This Useful Post:
Christmas Snow Angel (09-24-2008)
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
can I come for dinneR?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
That sounds so yummy Jana !

Don't you put carrot's in your roast? I like carrot's,potatoes and pearl onion's in mine. That is what I'm fixing for supper tomorrow . Already have it thawing in the fridge and will put it in the crock tomorrow morning.

With a family your size I bet a roast must cost you a small fortune :wide eyed: There are 3 of us and a 2 and a half pound roast was regularly $9.02 but was on sale at $5.62.

The cake looks yummy too. Never have heard of a apple upside down cake before though. Just pineapple upside down cake.

I'm fixing soup beans and cornbread for tonight. Have had it in the crock since 9ish AM.

This is a little off topic ,but still pertain's to food ...we bought a store brand can of Parmesan cheese and it cost almost $5.00 !!! HOLY COW!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM

Last Achievements

JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Sure.. it may be a little cold by the time you arrived LOL!

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 PM

Last Achievements

Speedy, the pork roast is off of the pig we bought and the hubs and kids butchered last summer But YES to answer your question, my grocery bill is enormous.

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
U can warm it up for me in the microwave.......I first have to lose my afraidness of flying....
Old 09-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,829 Times in 3,208 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Oooooh, I want to come over for dinner! I can almost smell your house from here!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
JanaBanana (09-23-2008)
Old 09-23-2008, 01:42 PM

Last Achievements

Sure The more the merrier!

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
jana, my flight's booked. bung a plate in the oven for me. see you in 10 hours!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
Oh Jana! That sounds delish! I have a gluten intolerance and have yet to find that my substitute rice/bean/potato flours can give me a consistent cake... otherwise I'd try to make that cake!

My flours do, however, make terrific pie crusts and cookies so I made an apple pie with some locally picked apples this weekend. And last night I made some macaroni (rice noodles) and cheese with some fresh Wisconsin cheddar and I added a little nutmeg to it since it was the first day of fall... nothing says "autumn" like nutmeg. Hehe.