Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Describe the your PERFECT Christmas!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,189)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
My perfect Christmas is simple. My family with me, the food(of course), and snow would be wonderful.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

ericw has shown a merry dispositionericw has shown a merry disposition
short reply

last year was near perfect. It snowed christmas day ( in Oregon this is rare) my son and I played for a long time. He wanted a snow ball fight pretty hard since there was onlt about 1/8 of an inch. The memory of his 4th christmaS is great though.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Every year my Christmas is pretty perfect!
On Christmas Eve my brother, husband and I go to my mom's house where we all pile our gifts around the tree. We sit down to a casual dinner of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, potatoes, rolls, etc. We talk and admire the tree and how nice it looks with the gifts around it. Then my mom will say, "Oh geez, I think we went a bit overboard this year!" She says the same thing every year! We listen to Christmas music on the radio the entire time. We munch on Christmas cookies that I made, sugar cookies mostly. Then we all sit in the same places that we sit every year and begin to open our gifts. My brother and I like to make up names to put on the gifts instead of putting our own names. One year we put names of ex-boyfriends/girlfriends. It's pretty funny to see who we come up with. My mom doesn't usually do that it's just something that my brother and I came up with. My mom never knows who bought what gift for her and her reaction is pretty funny upon reading the name off of the gift tag! We'll put names on of people from the past that we might not be in touch with anymore, people from work and we even put people that we don't particularly care for. Anyway, when we're all done we clean up and pack our gifts that we received in our cars and head home around 11pm.

Then my husband and I finish up our gift wrapping for each other, I put the rawhide candy canes on the tree for the dog and I go to bed. My husband then goes out and puts the gifts he got for me around the tree because I like to be surprised when I wake up in the morning. I'm still a kid like that. I don't want to see all of the gifts around the tree before I go to bed so he puts his stuff out last so that it doesn't spoil my Christmas. Then we get up Christmas morning around 7 or 8 am and start opening our gifts and watch the dog open all of her gifts too. Then we make our Christmas phone calls to everyone and get dressed and go to my husband's grandmother's house. We eat a casual dinner of ham and potatoes, open gifts and play with his godchild for a while. Then we go to his mom's and open gifts there and hang out with her for a few hours. When we get home we organize our gifts around the tree and wonder where we're going to put all of it! I usually get home in time to catch the last airing of A Christmas Story and I nearly cry everytime because I know that Christmas is over at that point.

The next day, Dec. 26 we usually host my husbands father and step-mother for dinner and gift opening. Then I just have the rest of the time off from work and I spend time just hanging around the house enjoying my decorations and Christmas music. The only thing that would make it absolutely perfect would be to have a nice Christmas eve snowfall and have it continue into Christmas Day.

Sorry for the lengthyness of this but, I tend to ramble, especially about Christmas!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

bastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry disposition
My perfect Christmas would be to snow quite a lot and have a nice party (like all friends come round, have a few drinks, chat, listen to Christmas music and have fun!) and watch some Christmas movies on TV. As an alternative in my spare time definitely saying "Merry Christmas" on various forums and chatting to friends online counting down to Christmas Night!

That would be somewhat a perfect Christmas. I think I'll accomplish some of that - during Christmas eve I'll try and get a few friends round see if they want to have a few drinks, etc.