Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Plans for xmas 2008

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:31 PM
46,006 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,548 Views  0 Posts
My Little Lie
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:07 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-23-2013 02:24 PM
8 Posts
The Battle Over Jingle...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:59 PM
49,669 Views  0 Posts
The Angel Twin
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:42 PM
Last post by lauriebear
08-17-2011 01:52 PM
52,085 Views  2 Posts

Old 09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
got the chocolate to melt and popcorn to do...we will probably do it this evening and watch The Santa Clause
i'm jealous!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:43 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,048 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
jump on a plane....just an hour flight... You´re welcome to share it with us....
Old 09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i is only about an hour isn't it? see you soon then, haha!

did you get dark chocolate?

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
You guys are making my hungry! Sounds delicious!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by ryansrs1 View Post
Just woundering what everyone is planning for this xmas?

My son be nearly 2 this year, still a lil young to no whats happening but knows that its something to get xcited about. Any ideas what i can do for him as well as the usual grotto and pardades?? Eventhough im not a church goer, im making it a priority go and listend to some classic carols played by a brass band and sung by a choir- when i see it on tv its sends a shiver down my spine.

In about 2-3 years im gona take my son to Lapland (equially for my benifit-always wanted to go), im waiting that long as i want him to be able to remember it when he older as Christmas so special when your so young. Anyone ever been- whats it like,expensive i no that much ha ha.

So come on what you all got planned?

J

89 DAYS TO GO--WHOO HOOOOOOO
Sorry to be off topic with my above comment but I was drooling just thinking about that popcorn with chocolate haha. My son will be 2 in Feb. We are so excited this year because I know he will be better at opening presents! He already loves watching Frosty the Snowman and makes me watch it almost every night! He also knows who Santa Claus is..and says it in the cutest voice! I just hope when he goes to sit on Santa's lap he doesnt cry! Were not sure of our exact plans yet. We want to start some new traditions though!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elf
Our Christmas plans are pretty routine. Christmas eve at my familys and Christmas day at my husbands family. And, of course our Church program. We added going to Washington DC this year to see the national Christmas tree. We like going for drives in other communities to look at the lights on their homes. My daughters are in 4H and we're normally in our towns Christmas parade and normally do a service project. I think this year we may be going to a nursing home and help fill out their Christmas cards.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:11 PM

melindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elf
star

I don't know if you do this already but you should do a christmas countdown advent calendar thing that everyday you open a new box, or move something, or some even have little chocolates in them. When i was little me and my sister would switch off every morning and (I know he probably doesn't go to school yet!) but it definitely got us out of bed in the morning! Also watch all the movies and tv specials on tv and maybe take him for a drive around your neighborhood to look at the lights! And of course take him to see Santa at the mall! I cannot wait to have kids and be able to share my favorite holiday with them!

-Melinda
The Following User Says Thank You to melindasue For This Useful Post:
ryansrs1 (09-28-2008)
Old 09-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
Gud idea about drive around to look at lights-odvious but i dint fink of it!
Our local council does a mini winter wounderland that has stalls, a groto, ice skating, fun fair and lots of xmas music-its great and will be taking him there again this year (he was bit young to understand last year)
Cheers to you all for your replys

Jason
Old 09-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
Mmm.. I'd like to do the popcorn and chocolate too. I'm going to search Paula Deen's recipes. If I remember correctly she did chocolate popcorn balls on one of shows.

Treasure all of you time with you little one, time goes by soo fast...Our oldest son (22) will be in TX with his girlfriend and her family This will be the second year that he's away...I think this will be the trend from now on. Our younger son (20) will be home though so I'm counting my blessings.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,048 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
i is only about an hour isn't it? see you soon then, haha!

did you get dark chocolate?

I did....it has a funny story too it....

I am a starter with baking and stuff like that....melting the chocolate belongs to it...instead of putting the chocolate into a little plastic bowl and put that in hot water....I put the chocolate into the pot right away.....the chcolate did not become liquid....it melted....but it looked like poop.....

hahaha....now I know how to do it...next time....it will be better