Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Sports You do or used to do

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,652)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 10-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
I never played any sports in school.
Today though, I enjoy participating in fly fishing, archery & kayaking/canoeing. I am also starting to train for my first 5K. That's not very far, but for someone who was killed by side stitches all her life, it is a leep forward.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
I played softball in grade school and middle school. It was fun until it all go way too compeditive. In high school I ran track for three years. Quit senoir year because of a knee injury.
I was also a cheerleader for one year in 8th grade. That was fun.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
I played softball and volleyball in elementary school. I played powder puff football my junior and senior years of high school. I was on a bowling team for years.

I currently play co-ed softball with my hubby!

I LOVE the Dallas Cowboys (American football), the Atlanta Braves (Baseball) and the Orlando Magic (Basketball). We had season tickets for the Magic games for the past few years. We didn't renew this year...got too expensive.

Football, BY FAR, is my favorite sport to watch!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,528 Times in 1,985 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
The only two sports I watch and follow very close are NHL Hockey and NFL Football. I casually watch a few others but I do not have the time to pay close attention.

I've been involved with sports since as long as I can remember.

By the time I was one and a half my dad had me skating on our backyard rink. From there, I played (ice) hockey at the age of four. I played competitively up until 18. I also played baseball for about 10 years 8 until 18.

In high school, I started to take up distance running. I became a decent cross country and track and field runner. It was a close-nit team and many of us are still real good friends until this day. We also had the best track and cross country teams in our region, so we always dominated at most of our events. Of course, that helped make it extra fun!

For a few years in college I drifted off because there were no sports at the school but since I joined university I became heavily involved with Ultimate "Frisbee." I am aware that a lot of people laugh at the sport and don't entirely understand it but it's definitely one of the most intense games I have ever played, especially when at a very high level. The university team is real serious and we keep getting better. It's also a pretty close-nit team and the atmosphere is great. No matter how hard it gets, we keep pushing each other even more. We've only had one tournament this season but we have a few more coming up. They should be good times. If you're interested, here is a video from our first tournament. It's pretty crazy to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWmY45sOmw
Old 10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

shelle02 has shown a merry dispositionshelle02 has shown a merry disposition
Growing up I did gymnastics, volleyball and basketball. I was also in dance and flag corp. I did run for 2 yrs as well. I played street tackle football with my brothers and their friends too. I was a tomboy at times.
I use to skate, skateboard and ride bmx/mongoose bikes...if those count, lol.

Now, the most I do is run around after the kids and the dog, lol.

I am a big fan of football...but being raised in TX it is part of life!!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,799 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I was a tomboy as well...whatever my brother did....I did it, too...and when I came to sports....I usually did a bit better...

thinking bout it...I´m still a tomboy

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Oh yeah, I was a gymnast too!! How could I forget that?? I even competed. DUH!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Belly shakes like Jelly

Last Achievements

Steven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elf
basketball (not as good as I used to be, getting slow) volleyball, horseshoes, and cornhole
Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
I didn't actually play sports, but I was captain of the cheerleaders! Go team!!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

jreagan56 has shown a merry dispositionjreagan56 has shown a merry disposition
I played football and baseball in High School and baseball in college.
I am still able to stay connected with sports (football and baseball) in my job.