Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » How did your Halloween go???

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Spooks hover here! This merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,126
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, MetalBlessing

Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
How did your Halloween go???

how did yours go? what did you do and did you enjoy it?

i have to be honest, mine was kind of disappointing : (

i woke up in a crappy mood for some reason and the day just didn't go how it was supposed to! the shops had no halloween decorations left, not a single one, i was gutted, plus i was running behind schedule.

i picked my 2 younger cousins up and brought them to my house, i also picked my cousin and her 10 month old baby up. i done some food, put the nightmare before christmas on and settled down to watch it. within 10 minutes my 2 younger cousins were asleep! no food was touched and my little 10 month old cousin (although i call her my niece) was crying and restless for most of the night. it wasn't great, but hey, there is always next year!

it's now 11.11pm, halloween is not over, so i am going to settle down on my couch and watch the corpse bride with a nice hot chocolate. that should be fun!

Despite my username, I am female!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:53 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Johnor - ah yes, the kind of crappy Halloween. It comes in many forms. I, personally, know many of them well.

However, in my older years - (which John MCcain explains, are not old at all!) I got a great Halloween this year. First - a party in the street! (A block party! Let me tell you - people who like to stand in the street and eat and drink and have fun --- those are GOOD people!!!!!

So - we started off with a BIG block party. (Called a "block party" -- but open to one and all!) People brought tons of food and drink to share. Kids in costumes. Lots of adults in costumes. Fun! Eating! Drinking! Tallking! Hugging!

After a few hours -- off to Trick or Treat. In our case -- off to give out tons and tons of candy. In between Trick or Treaters - I am catching up here. Let me tell you -= life is good tonight!!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
The kid's here started going around at 5 PM . We bought 4 bag's of candy and start out giving 2 piece's per child,then the later it gets the more we give to get rid of it. Well it's now 7:54 PM and next to no kid's are out and we have only used one bag of candy.

The cutest 2 I saw was a little princess and a pink dinosaur who looked about 2 .
Old 10-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by SparkleNana View Post
Johnor - ah yes, the kind of crappy Halloween. It comes in many forms. I, personally, know many of them well.

However, in my older years - (which John MCcain explains, are not old at all!) I got a great Halloween this year. First - a party in the street! (A block party! Let me tell you - people who like to stand in the street and eat and drink and have fun --- those are GOOD people!!!!!

So - we started off with a BIG block party. (Called a "block party" -- but open to one and all!) People brought tons of food and drink to share. Kids in costumes. Lots of adults in costumes. Fun! Eating! Drinking! Tallking! Hugging!

After a few hours -- off to Trick or Treat. In our case -- off to give out tons and tons of candy. In between Trick or Treaters - I am catching up here. Let me tell you -= life is good tonight!!
I want to move to your block!!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
HolidayHoney - yes, please do move here! and quickly! There is no time to waste! Parties are good for children of all ages, and for adults of all ages. We need to block off the street -- so no traffic can go through. Then we go INTO the street! We laugh and talk and eat and drink. We admire the sunset. The children are happy. We are happy. this is good. I hope you arrive soon!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
I'm packing as I'm typing!!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Our Halloween started out horrible and got better. I got sick in the middle of the night on Wednesday and ended up in the hospital. I got out around noon today, so things got better. Now we are sitting outside, listening to Manheim Steamroller Halloween, checking the forums and handing out candy.

We had a tractor with a trailer come through with about 30 kids - which pretty much went through the two bags of "not so great" candy. We've now started using OUR candy. BUH!!!

So, Halloween is much better now than it was this morning!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Here they have Trunk or Treat at the Churches and then they give out candy at the mall . The kid's get in a line and go store to store.

It's good in a way what the church and mall does,yet sad as so many cruel people have ruined Halloween for the little one's that they can't go door to door as much as they used to.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Good! Took in a matinee of "The Haunting of Molly Hartley", checked out kids on main street and now we are watching 6 hours of Ghost Hunters on SciFi.

Good day, very festive all around.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Ms_Speedy_Elf View Post
Here they have Trunk or Treat at the Churches and then they give out candy at the mall . The kid's get in a line and go store to store.

That's a good idea.....i've never heard of any of the malls doing that down here.