Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » speaking toddlers!!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 09-29-2008, 03:35 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
speaking toddlers!!!

As most of you guys know now...I have two and half year old daughter named Kandice Eve...
Sheīs very active and started walking at 10 months and a half...and has always been loud....

She started to talk last year....but only a little....in the last 10 weeks....she developed so much....it almost made me dizzy....she speaks perfect sentences...some in both languages (my fiance speaks English to her, since heīs from the English-speaking part of cameroon)

Itīs lots of fun listening to her right now....especially the words that are not pronounced rightly....

for example

for penguin, which is Pinguin in Germany.....she says Hankepy (please donīt ask why....haha....she just says it)

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is DoDo....I have no idea why she says that either

earlier this evening she showed me a picture of Arielle the Mermaid....and said....Mama kuck, die Prunzissin (Prinzessin) which meant....Mum, look the princess

our cat is called Stripey...but Kandice calls her Baibeeeeeeee

instead of Hose (pants) she says Kose
instead of Brot (Bread) she says Krot

itīs just too cute

and recently my boyfriend was asking her to say Cameroon....her face lit up and she screamed Kangarooooooo.....it was so funny...both of us almost lay on the floor laughing....

what were the terms and words Your kids said that made You laugh?

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 09-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
awww! that's so cute! she's a little doll.

do you ever speak english in conversation with people or do you just speak german?

can your partner speak german?

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I speak English a lot to my fiance....I speak it when I call my cousins in the States as well....then I speak English when I speak to my man´s friends...and the husband of a friend of mine who is American...so I have a lot of speaking experience....I have to flatter myself and say....I speak a very good English.......not much of a German accent...actually there is none....I worked on that forever...actually since I sarted to learn English in 5th grade...I never wanted to sound like a foreigner when I spoke English...but like a native speaker...native in my case American English....cos when I was younger I didn´t like the Brit Accent that much (so sorry....)......this has changed a lot...I love the Brits and love their accent....but I still speak the American Way

My fiance understands most of the German stuff...as long as it´s not sooo fast...but he doesn´t speak it much...I always have to beat it to do it....of course I don´t hit him...but I think You know what rI mean.....

and again my English, Scottish and Welsh and Irish friends over here....I love Your accents now, too...just as a teenager....I didn´t...

Old 09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elf
I love hearing little ones when they first start speaking and forming their words. Sooo cute to hear their own language lol.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I just love to be out in public and hearing little ones talk to their parents. It' so cute.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

xmasdonkey has shown a merry disposition
Awww Isn't it wonderful when first words come out around the Christmas time? Happened to us. And you thought only animals spoke on Christmas eve

Old 09-30-2008, 02:16 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

I once sang Jingle, Jingle, Jingle to her....from the ranking bass Rudolph movie......and she joined in singing kingle kingle kingle....very loud with a smiling face....she was soooo cute....I could have eaten her....(that´s a saying we have in Germany....I´m not a cannibal )

Old 09-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Ahhh thats so cute!

My daughter will be 2 on November the first Like yours, was walking at 10 months and developing like there is no tomorrow lol. I LOVE listening to her talk to me - funny beyond!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I speak English a lot to my fiance....I speak it when I call my cousins in the States as well....then I speak English when I speak to my manīs friends...and the husband of a friend of mine who is American...so I have a lot of speaking experience....I have to flatter myself and say....I speak a very good English.......not much of a German accent...actually there is none....I worked on that forever...actually since I sarted to learn English in 5th grade...I never wanted to sound like a foreigner when I spoke English...but like a native speaker...native in my case American English....cos when I was younger I didnīt like the Brit Accent that much (so sorry....)......this has changed a lot...I love the Brits and love their accent....but I still speak the American Way

My fiance understands most of the German stuff...as long as itīs not sooo fast...but he doesnīt speak it much...I always have to beat it to do it....of course I donīt hit him...but I think You know what rI mean.....

and again my English, Scottish and Welsh and Irish friends over here....I love Your accents now, too...just as a teenager....I didnīt...
Thats ok, lol...I still cringe when I hear a really welshy accent on the TV. Thankfully mine isnt so bad!!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

chrismom has shown a merry dispositionchrismom has shown a merry disposition
I have a son who will be 2 next month. Who has always been ahead for his age as well. But his vocab just started to expand as well. except the other day he told me to ' get lost' and started laughing. wasn't happy at all couldn't figure out where he got that from and kept saying it, needless to say he spent a lot of time in the corner. But later that day he was playing with his Sesame street remote and behold if you press three on the remote it says ' get lost' I did call the company and make a report, as I just did not find that very cute.