Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Bullies, Suicides and dumb principals

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in July: A...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:26 AM
Last post by jimmyolsen
09-02-2011 09:32 PM
1 Posts
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,517 Views  2 Posts
The Christmas Feast
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:24 PM
0 Posts
“Little Santa Claus”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:24 AM
45,389 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part V:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:48 PM
86,863 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,045 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowytree View Post
When I hear stories about these kids that commit suicide, the first thing I think is...where are the parents? I'm certainly not trying to be judgemental here but did they not see anything going on with their child? I know we are not perfect but we need to try and stay in tune with our children as much as possible and pay attention,and mostly listen and communicate. I communicate with my children everyday...sure they may get sick of mom being so in touch with them so much,but I'd rather them know that Im there so they know they can come to me when they are going through anything, and I do mean anything.

kind of true....kinda not....I agree, that many parents don´t really know what is going on with their children...they never scold them...give them a lil slap....nothing....they might not even talk to them.....so it´s no wonder they don´t know....

when I was 14-15....I had some slight depression....it was going on for over a year until my mom saw a change in me....of course, she then took me to a doctor who was helping a bit....and it was fine.....and she was a parent who knew and still knows everything about me....and I would talk to about everything...but in that case....I just put up a wall....and wore a mask....and acted like I was aaaalright!!! I wasn´t....so sometimes it´s impossible to do anything....but a lot of miserys could be prevented if people in general...espeically the parents....but everybody surrounding children would pay more attention.

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 09-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
All of you are stating what I say to the administration. But with their hands tied because of the "friviolous" law suits and everyone wanting the easy dollar, it is difficult to proceed. I remember having to write standards or getting the paddle if I did something wrong. I lived in a small town and heaven forbid if I did something that would get back to my grandmother. If it embarassed her, we were really in trouble. I remember having respect for my teachers and/or elders. I didn't call my teachers by just their last name, we usually called them Coach and last name or Mr. or Mrs., Ms, or Miss. These kids today have no respect or shame. Why are we dressing little girls like little tramps (sorry). Why are we letting this happen. I know so many parents that are afraid of their own kids. I know that up to the day that my mom passed I was afraid of her, I had a deep respect for that woman. I have this one teacher that wants to quit because of some of her students. Our Student Council walked out of their leadership class because they don't get along with the advisor. They walked into the principals office and told him to get rid of her. It's her first year in this position and the principal accepted what these Brats were saying. In school suspension isn't working anymore (free ride), out of school suspension hits the family and they can't afford to take time off to babysit their own kids. Half the time the student handbook is nothing more than an excuse. So, since school has started we have had a suicide every two weeks about. Most of the time I think it's a ploy for attention and unfortunately it doesn't come. Most of these kids do something to get the negative attention because their parents don't care. For these kids (my high school) they are dorm kids from the reservation and their parents get money to put them in town. That way out of sight out of mind. It really is a shame when parents just throw away kids, it's almost as bad as abortion. We need to bring back parenting. Even the idea of holding the parents when their kids are truant isn't working. Again, thank you for your words and I know I'm not the only one out there with this problem. Maybe we can come up with something that the politicians haven't thought of (yet).
Old 09-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

yuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry disposition
My 11 year old was bullied terribly

It was a horrible experience. The kids hated him because he skipped a grade. (he had to iq is 160 and he was bored bigtime) we never told anyone about his iq or anything. They just could tell I guess. One day when he was getting a drink out of the water fountain - they shoved his head into it and broke off his 2 front teeth. (adult teeth) The school didn't do much - the parents lied to me. I called and they said that their child went to school the next day and apologized and talked to my son to be really sorry. I let them go on and on - basically let them hang themselves.....then I said "Oh that's odd - he spent the day at the dentists office and did not even go to school...." So, the moral of the the story is - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Stupid is as stupid does or rather, stupid is as stupid breeds.
Yule
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I don't believe in Bullies at all.... I always one for the underdog. I don't like people what ever the age is picking on those that are don't match up to their standards. I'm tired of schools being a daycare instead of a learning institution. I'm tired of all the parents that want to hide their heads and not take action for their children. I understand that depression is dangerous and most kids today don't have someone that they can trust to talk to. I am happy for those children that do have parents that talk to them, laugh with them and discipline them and along with all that cry with them when they hurt. So many of today's kids are screaming for help and no one is listening. I know I can't save all the kids in my school, but they need to be told that they are viable, unique and be applauded for the individuality that they have. Most of the kids at my school dress in black and they think they are making a statement. I tell them that they are hiding. If they wanted to be a piece of the school, they need to wear colorful clothes and be a chameleon. Schools have their hands tied because of their board of supervisors. Most of them have forgotten what it is like to be an educator as well as a student.

I am sorry for all those children that have been bullied or will be bullied because they don't fit the status quo. I pity the bullies because one day someone bigger and badder is going to hurt them (again). I despise the parents of the bullies because they are the ones screaming that life isn't giving their kids any justice. I'm glad I'm 50 and almost done with my life (40years from now). Most of these kids can't even boil water and they are our future? Help......
Old 10-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
This is one reason why we home school our children.
It hasn't been an easy road, but it's been a necessary one.
My sister taught in the public school system for years and years. She finally had enough, pulled her own child out of public school and began home schooling him.
I also think it's a sad day when our valadictorians in the public schools - go to college and have to take remedial math and english courses. Yes.
There have been teachers here in Louisiana that begin the school year with "I don't want to be here anymore than you. So, let's just get through this the best we can."
If the parents were training, loving, caring for, raising their children, and lovingly disciplining their children at home - I think it starts at home....and if the parents would allow the schools to properly discipline children at school - I think things would turn around and change.
I honestly don't believe in child abuse. But I do believe in spankings.
As far as the bullies, what's going on in that child(s) life to make him a bully. Is s/he being loved on at home? or put down? Does s/he even have a decent home life? I look at the whole thing before making a judgement call on it. Like the parents of the bully who knocked that poor little guy's teeth out - THAT is NOT okay. Their flippant attitude. Then I think, maybe they're ignoring the problem because they're scared and they honestly don't know how to handle the child OR the situation.
The schools are not there to RAISE the children. That's the parents job.
The school are there to teach your kids how to read, write, and do math.
Okay. I guess I'm right there with the majority so far.

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
snowytree (10-02-2008)
Old 10-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Head Elf View Post
I don't believe in Bullies at all.... I always one for the underdog. I don't like people what ever the age is picking on those that are don't match up to their standards. I'm tired of schools being a daycare instead of a learning institution. I'm tired of all the parents that want to hide their heads and not take action for their children. I understand that depression is dangerous and most kids today don't have someone that they can trust to talk to. I am happy for those children that do have parents that talk to them, laugh with them and discipline them and along with all that cry with them when they hurt. So many of today's kids are screaming for help and no one is listening. I know I can't save all the kids in my school, but they need to be told that they are viable, unique and be applauded for the individuality that they have. Most of the kids at my school dress in black and they think they are making a statement. I tell them that they are hiding. If they wanted to be a piece of the school, they need to wear colorful clothes and be a chameleon. Schools have their hands tied because of their board of supervisors. Most of them have forgotten what it is like to be an educator as well as a student.

I am sorry for all those children that have been bullied or will be bullied because they don't fit the status quo. I pity the bullies because one day someone bigger and badder is going to hurt them (again). I despise the parents of the bullies because they are the ones screaming that life isn't giving their kids any justice. I'm glad I'm 50 and almost done with my life (40years from now). Most of these kids can't even boil water and they are our future? Help......
I'm saying Amen to this!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
I was bullied in middle school...what is with that age?! Children really can be cruel if they don't have the proper home training. For some reason, the fact that I had really really long hair made me an odd ball. I used to wear it in either one thick braid or a ponytail and there was this group of kids who would just yank my hair. I remember getting on the bus in the morning and having to be careful about wear I sat because if I sat in front of the wrong person, they'd reach over the seat and violently snatch my ponytail back as if they were trying to rip it right off my head! Needless to say, it got so bad that my mom transferred me to another school to start high school and I cut a few inches of my hair off. I kept it shorter than it was in middle school until after graduating from college. I'm just now starting to grow it back!

Come to find out, these were some deeply troubled people. I know a couple of the bulliers ended up getting hooked on drugs and have been in and out of jail. I don't think they completed high school.
Head Elf (10-02-2008)