Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Better Movie: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation vs A Christmas Story

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,878)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer
View Poll Results: Which?
A Christmas Story 17 36.17%
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 19 40.43%
I love them both equally 11 23.40%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Ummmm - never seen either. I bought Christmas Vacation last Christmas but haven't watched it yet. Don't know A Christmas Story

Yes, I'm a freak
Oh you got watch 'em. Great movies!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

melindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elfmelindasue is a good elf
star

Since I'm a late 80's-90's kid, my vote was for Christmas Story. Although Nat'l Lampoons is crazy hilarious, A Christmas Story just brings me back to my younger years when my older cousins used to dare me to lick the pole too! "Fragilee....must be italian" <-- classic. haha AND did anyone see the new Hallmark leglamp ornament!! LOVE IT
Old 09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,115 Times in 690 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
This is a very fra-gi-lé question, as it pertains to two of my favorites. BUT, I am going to have to edge out CV just a wee minuscule bit and say ACS is better.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

WSugerfoot2 has shown a merry disposition
a christmas story
Old 10-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,177 Times in 418 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
National Lampoons is one of my fav's and cant stand the other.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I love both of these movies but, I think I can watch Christmas Story more than Christmas Vacation. I look forward to Christmas Story more than CV, maybe because they don't play it as often except for on Christmas eve for 24 hours. Or maybe it's because I went to see Christmas Story at the theater when if first came out as a kid. I don't know. I do love them both though, tough question!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

snowgirl68 has shown a merry dispositionsnowgirl68 has shown a merry disposition
Definatly Christmas Vacation, love the story, music, just everything about it...always makes me laugh no matter how many times i've seen it...
Old 11-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That's a tough one but I think I have to give it to Christmas Vacation, but only by a tiny margin. I just think CV is funnier and more engaging.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas Vacation!!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

BritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elf
Christmas Vacation all the way. It's one of my all time favorite movies.