Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Favourite Accents!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 09-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by lizziexo View Post
I love how irish people talk and scouse accents (people from liverpool in the uk)

I love french accents too
i am scouse! i hate my accent

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,236 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Prejudiced I know, but I very much prefer the gentle soft Southern accent (my own excluded) of my native US . My wife’s soothing calming voice can still melt me right down even with the ground!

Cajun French from South Louisiana, the Gullah dialect of the South Carolina Coastal Islands, various Native American dialects, and Scottish accents also fascinate me.

Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
I LOVE my Boston accent!!! Cah, Pahk, Mahka,Sistah,Brothah, Translation: Car,Park,Marker,Sister,Brother.
Mumof2, we take the r's y'all don't use and put them in words like wash. "I'm fixin' to warsh the car", etc.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Prejudiced I know, but I very much prefer the gentle soft Southern accent (my own excluded) of my native US . My wife’s soothing calming voice can still melt me right down even with the ground!

Cajun French from South Louisiana, the Gullah dialect of the South Carolina Coastal Islands, various Native American dialects, and Scottish accents also fascinate me.

Awww yes,thats another one I like.Cajun !
Thanx Jon!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Speaking of our many forum accents...

I've tried for about the last four years to have folks record Christmas greetings, poems, stories, etc. to share on a Christmas CD. Now, with Merry Christmas Radio, I would like to do the same!

In my four years of asking, not one person has ever sent me anything. Dare I bring it up again?

I would really like to put together "The Night Before Christmas" using as many of you as possible.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
I've tried for about the last four years to have folks record Christmas greetings, poems, stories, etc. to share on a Christmas CD. Now, with Merry Christmas Radio, I would like to do the same!

In my four years of asking, not one person has ever sent me anything. Dare I bring it up again?

I would really like to put together "The Night Before Christmas" using as many of you as possible.
i would love to! what an amazing idea! the only problem is, i am not very technological, how would i record my voice for you??

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:26 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I know the Cajun accent well I lived in South Louisiana (Lafourche Parish)
My hubbys grandma comes to mind.She says Valcum for vacuum..always cracks me up.she thinks in french and speaks in english to me.

Boston Accents in movies are really bad,but Think of Donnie Wahlberg,Mark Wahlberg,Ben Affleck,Matt Damon,Casey Affleck...Good will hunting is based in boston.but Robin Williams has a bad boston accent...but in The Departed they had some guys from there and ya can hear it. Mark Wahlberg was in it along with Martin Sheen...He did an ok job on the accent.
Theres a few accents that people hack in movies...Boston and Cajun accents..

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
RadioJonD,Glad to know the R's are being recycled!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
i would love to! what an amazing idea! the only problem is, i am not very technological, how would i record my voice for you??
To keep from hijacking this neat thread, I've started a new thread about this over in the MCR forum. -

http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...995#post103995
Old 09-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

cruzin has shown a merry dispositioncruzin has shown a merry disposition
I love Irish accents!! Don't know why, but I do!!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
When I leave the South, I feel like a government test project . People prodding and wanting me to say certain words. Never realized it was so
" Southern" until I began to travel a lot.

I enjoy the accents of Brits, Aussies and New Englanders.