Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » 3rd or October Germany reunited for 18 years!

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas Before Christ
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:38 PM
59,821 Views  0 Posts
present The Delicate Art of...
By MMC Editor
09-13-2011 12:12 AM
46,082 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The History of My Merry...
By Jeff Westover
10-12-2002 09:20 PM
58,452 Views  0 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,898 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,311 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,046 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
3rd or October Germany reunited for 18 years!

Sorry to come up with something like this....But tomorrow Germany has its National Day....the 3rd of October is the day Germany officially reunited....Itīs been 18 years since. It was a bumpy ride and not everything is going so well....But we are one...and thatīs what counts...thanks to the leaders of many great countries and of course the citizens of the former GDR finally defying that regime by doing forbidden demonstrations....I wouldnīt know many people if that didnīt happen...I know tomorrow I will choke up many times when I see pictures of the wall being torn down on November 9th 89...and see the people celebrate.....again...sorry for writing about something like this....but that is one of the greatest things ever happening to this country

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
WOW!!! has it been 18 year's already!?!

I used to be penpal's with a lady who lived in Berlin.She came over to visit me and brought me a tiny piece of the wall.About the size of a walnut. Sadly I lost it .
Old 10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ms_Speedy_Elf View Post
WOW!!! has it been 18 year's already!?!

I used to be penpal's with a lady who lived in Berlin.She came over to visit me and brought me a tiny piece of the wall.About the size of a walnut. Sadly I lost it .
Yeah....the wall came down 19 years ago in 1989...We officially reunited in 1990...most of my friends my age (iīm born in 1981) donīt remember it....but somehow....I have always been interessted...I remember seeing those pictures of the people coming thru the border in tears, hugging in each other....Trabbis (those terrible cars they had over there, with 8 people sitting in...high fiving with everyone and everybody....People sitting on the wall....people tearing it down......and it was dangerous....cos nobody really told the Border Police of the GDR what was happening...if one of them would have shot....it could have ended tragically...but i guess it was meant to happen

Old 10-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i hope you have a lovely day tanja, i bet you are very proud.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

yeah...kind of...You konw...lot of Germans have problems showing their pride in their country becos of our past.....But I´m proud now....I´m going to call my friend in Dresden (former GDR) tomorrow...He told me, when he crossed the border the first time and went into a store....he almost passed out because of the huuuuuuuuuuuge variety...You know...they usually only had one or two types of coffee, one type of chocolate and on....so it was unbelievably for him that there is so much variety....People have really been told that what You see in the news (they people were able to see it)....the groceries were not real, but just empty boxes...crazy isn´t it?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i have to admit, i am kind of in the dark as to exactly what went on, but your country seems to be going really well now and i bet you are proud of that.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Yeah...the country has developed very good...at first cos of the help of allies....and later on, when we were allowed to make the decisions ourself again...it went on like that....I am proud...but especially during Soccer World and Euros...haha...thats when all of us pack out our flags and decorate the houses and cars with them....

Old 10-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Congratulations, trackrebel! It is a wonderful anniversary. It is so sad when a country is divided against the will of the people. North Korea and South Korea seem to long to be reunited into one country. I am sure they will be very joyful when they are reunited one day.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

You are right about that....I mean...family are torn apart by something like that...when the wall was pulled up in Berlin...You would see people standing there, crying, screaming, because their children lived on the other side on the street and things like that...and tha´ts how it is in Korea as well...It´s terrible and I pray that one day, these countries will be one again...unfortunately...I don´t think many will be living long enough to see their loved ones again

Old 10-03-2008, 04:45 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Walls divide and I'm so glad that the wall in Germany came down. What a celebration it was for Germany and the United States, we rejoiced with you.