Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » Best Halloween Memories

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.


  Log-in
  Register



















» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Posts: 600,739
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat The Changing Face of...
By MMC Editor
10-31-2011 08:23 AM
60,109 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Candles
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:20 PM
54,008 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,048 Views  0 Posts
The Muppet Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:09 PM
49,660 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,691 Views  0 Posts
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:23 AM
AuntieMistletoeDear's Avatar
AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,853
Blog Entries: 15
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Best Halloween Memories

My first Halloween, I dressed up like a Cheetah. I was so excited about going out with my brothers and our dad while mom stayed home to pass out the candy. I spent all afternoon hurrying around the rec room and most of the house cheering myself on shouting "run like a Cheetah!" By the time we had a bite of meat pie and were ready to head out with our dad, I was so exhausted from running around that I only made it to the end of the block. My brohters wound up sharing some of their goodies with me.


I won't do much these days. A wee bit of decorating, we don't get trick-or-treaters here. I'm planning another jaunt to the Fire Station to grab up some shots of their decorations. I'll be delivering candy to them next weekend to store until their haunted maze is set up. I'm glad it's on a Friday this year. I might go over to the YMCA or the mall to see what there decorations look like.

It seems more and more people are gathering at Halloween parties instead of going door-to-door, but I think most neighbourhoods still get around 100 childen (sometimes early teens) trick-or-treating.


This is the Auntie Spooky Meez I made.


Sometimes, I miss going out and seeing other people dressed up and the decorations. Having my dad's help was like being in the Universal Studios make-up room. He had a real talent for that kind of thing. One year, my brother and I went out as werewolves, I was a grey one, he was a brown one, the make-up was so good, at first people thought we were wearing masks. He used hair from wigs and spirit gum (glue) to apply it. That was the last year we went out.

The following year, we felt too old for it (I was thirteen) so we decked our house out with dry ice from the butcher shop, a ghost rigged to the clothesline (brought inside) that swung down when the door was opened, speakers on the roof - remember the old ELO album, when you spun the record backward on the turntable (do you remember turntables?) it said "turn back - turn back" and we played it over and over to record it with a tape recorder (this was before the spooky soundtracks were available or at least before we knew about them) and had a neighbour's sister scream her blood-curdling banshee scream several times and my brother's Boris Karloff impersonation and some creaking doors and the dog's chain from the backyard to make clanking noises - it was awesome! My oldest brother got in trouble (not big trouble though) for climbing onto the roof to set up the speakers (slanted roof). Of course, we dressed up to give out the goodies. Our decorations scared off a few smaller children so I met them at the driveway with their goodies.
In those days, that was considered a spooky place to visit.

We always gave out packages of Kool-Aid or Freshee and a little extra something (Wagon Wheels, licorice or caramels) to the younger children or ones who had really cool costumes.

I remember once we ran out of treats and someone heard about our house and had to drive with their tired children in the car to see it. We had nothing left so I gave them the Kleenex Marshmallow ghosts I made for decorations, a couple of oranges from the kitchen and the last bit of change we had in case anyone with UNICEF boxes game to the door. Got strange looks, but I'll bet they're still talking about the time they received the weirdest stuff in their treat bags. (Actually, a few children had plastic pumpkins, but most had pillow cases back then.)

My dad still makes scarecrows or spooky dummies for the front porch and a carves a few jack-o-lanterns, my mom decorates a bit inside and still enjoys handing out candy and seeing the children in their costumes.

My favourite treats were chocolate bars, chips, peanuts and caramels. We always made apple pie with any apples we received.

We are allowed to dress up at work so that's kind of fun.
__________________
Give yourself a merry gift and tune into MCR http://www.live365.com/index.live
For more Jolly Fun, please visit: www.ClausNet.com www.ChristmasTalk.com www.MagicalHolidayHome.com http://realhalloween.com/
Don’t forget to check out Cool Yule Comics http://www.coolyulecomics.com/ and http://www.whychristmas.com/

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:35 AM
AuntieMistletoeDear's Avatar
AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,853
Blog Entries: 15
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
When I was little, I was afraid of drowning so I was terrified with the thought of bobbing for apples.

The tradition of bobbing for apples and lighting candles inside pumpkins came from the Romans. They celebrated Harvest Day on November 1st.
The first Jack-o-lanterns were carved from turnips, not pumpkins. When the Irish came to America they began to use pumpkins because they were more plentiful than turnips.

A little bat factoid ...

Frog-eating bats identify edible from poisonous frogs by listening to the mating calls of male frogs. Frogs counter by hiding and using short, difficult to locate calls.

Vampire bats have fewer teeth than any other bat because they do not have to chew their food. Vampire bats living in the same colony support their roost-mates by regurgitating blood to bats that are unable to find food. Vampire bats need their daily blood. If they don't get the required blood, they will die. Along with flying, vampire bats can run, jump, and hop with great speed, using their chest muscles to fling themselves skyward.

I used to stretch out on the picnic table and watch bats flying around at night near the pine trees at my neighbour's place. Imagine, I had no fear of bats, but the thought of dipping my head into a bucket of water to retrieve an apple scared me.
__________________
Give yourself a merry gift and tune into MCR http://www.live365.com/index.live
For more Jolly Fun, please visit: www.ClausNet.com www.ChristmasTalk.com www.MagicalHolidayHome.com http://realhalloween.com/
Don’t forget to check out Cool Yule Comics http://www.coolyulecomics.com/ and http://www.whychristmas.com/

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:44 AM
AuntieMistletoeDear's Avatar
AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,853
Blog Entries: 15
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Movies or specials I sometimes watch around Halloween include: Young Frankentstein, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (any Vincent Price film), Theatre of Blood, Bram Stocker’s Dracula, An Interview with the Vampire, Ghostbusters, Ghost Story, The Sixth Sense, The Witches of Eastwick, Garfield’s Halloween Adventure, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Boo! To You, Winnie the Pooh.

When I was younger, the scariest film I had seen was the thriller Near Dark (not exactly a Halloween movie, but I could handle the blood and gore, but the acting in Near Dark made it spooky in my mind.




Edit: The movie I was thinking of was Wait Until Dark not Near Dark. I was talking about it with my dad and at first he didn't remember it until I told him Audrey Hepburn was in it with Richard Crenna and Alan Arkin and then he remembered it. He thought I was thinking about the movie with Karen Black with the Vodoo doll. That was spooky, but it wasn't a thriller in my mind.
__________________
Give yourself a merry gift and tune into MCR http://www.live365.com/index.live
For more Jolly Fun, please visit: www.ClausNet.com www.ChristmasTalk.com www.MagicalHolidayHome.com http://realhalloween.com/
Don’t forget to check out Cool Yule Comics http://www.coolyulecomics.com/ and http://www.whychristmas.com/


Last edited by AuntieMistletoeDear; 10-06-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-05-2008, 07:56 AM
AuntieMistletoeDear's Avatar
AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,853
Blog Entries: 15
Thanks: 1,372
Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
We also enjoyed making special treats to eat. My favourite were Caramel Apples.

Caramel Apples (So fast and so easy)

INGREDIENTS
6 apples
1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons milk

DIRECTIONS
Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top. Butter a baking sheet.
Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes, stirring once. Allow to cool briefly.
Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated. Place on prepared sheet to set.




When we were older, our dad started doing the cooking. Here's his Pumpkin Soup recipe. Sometimes he'd make carrot soup and serve it in the pumpkin.

Pumpkin Soup
1 small onion, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3-1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
2 cups canned plain pumpkin purée
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup 1% milk

Coat a 4-quart pot with nonstick spray and warm over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrot to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the broth, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Purée the soup in a food processor or blender, working in batches if necessary. Return to the pot and stir in the milk. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. Makes 4 - 5 Servings.
My dad serves his pumpkin soup in the pumpkin. He also makes carrot soup as an alternative and serves it in a pumpkin as well.

Easy to make Halloween Spiders
1 (12 oz.) Pkg chocolate chips
1 md can chow mein noodles
1 pk M&Ms candies

Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Stir in chow mein noodles.
Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Add small strips of black licorice for the 8 legs and add 2 M&M's for the eyes.

And Swamp Punch

Swamp Punch
2 c Boiling water
1 lg Pkg lime-flavor gelatin
2 c Cold orange juice
1 l Cold seltzer
Ice cubes
1 pt Orange sherbert; slightly softened
1 Orange; thinly sliced
1 Lime; thinly sliced

In a large bowl, stir boiling water into gelatin until completely dissolved; stir in the orange juice. Leave ‘till lukewarm. Just before serving, pour into punch bowl. Add cold seltzer, ice cubes, sherbert by the scoopfull, and the orange and lime.
__________________
Give yourself a merry gift and tune into MCR http://www.live365.com/index.live
For more Jolly Fun, please visit: www.ClausNet.com www.ChristmasTalk.com www.MagicalHolidayHome.com http://realhalloween.com/
Don’t forget to check out Cool Yule Comics http://www.coolyulecomics.com/ and http://www.whychristmas.com/

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
CharlestonNole (10-07-2008)
  #5  
Old 10-07-2008, 08:49 AM
MerryChristmasLydio MerryChristmasLydio is offline
On the Naughty List
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lafeyette, LA
Posts: 534
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 57
Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts
MerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elf
Here ya go. This is my favorite memory. lol

a few years ago I went and dressed as a guide for leading people. Why you may ask. Cause I had to lead people through a "haunted house" and got trampled on BAD, by some kids from a church I had recently gone to. Cause I knew them I asked to see if I can go ahead and bring them through. So the lady I asked told me yes so I called them to come forth. So I lead them through and they trampled on me like crazy. My brother was dressed like a vampire and he was playing part of the haunted house. They passed by him and, my brother was probably 12 or 13 at the time, and he held up a skull to them and asked, " Do you want some blood!" They started running like crazy and were crying cause my brother was a vampire. At the end of the haunted house, not too far from my brother, my best friend was acting like she was dead and she had to lay in a coffin and burst out of it and scream at the kids. She did that and they ran out of that place and didn't even bother turning in their candy ticket to get candy in their buckets at the end of the house. I eventually brought them back and helped them turn their tickets in for their candy. They were still shakey. I will admit though, it was a pretty good set up. I even got "spooked" a time or 2 and I was leading people through! LOL It was great. I would go back and do it again.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Ms_Speedy_Elf Ms_Speedy_Elf is offline
Dang Near Santa Himself
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,537
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 372
Thanked 399 Times in 297 Posts
Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I don't really recall what I dressed up like for Halloween,but I do know that I usually got one of the costume's that came in a box with the cellophane window showing the mask.

I know that growing up in Indiana we were allowed to trick or treat on the 30th and the 31st .We used big paper grocery bag's ,would get them full ,go home empty them and go back out for more. So between all the candy that I got those 2 day's plus what I had a school I had enough to last until next Halloween (LOL) I don't know if they still allow kid's to go out 2 night's now or not .

I grew up in the 60's and those were the day's when it was safe and you could trust anyone and go to EVERY house no matter if you knew them or not . If the porch light was on it was fair game for a treat .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Ms_Speedy_Elf Ms_Speedy_Elf is offline
Dang Near Santa Himself
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,537
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 372
Thanked 399 Times in 297 Posts
Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
My first Halloween, I dressed up like a Cheetah. I was so excited about going out with my brothers and our dad while mom stayed home to pass out the candy. I spent all afternoon hurrying around the rec room and most of the house cheering myself on shouting "run like a Cheetah!" By the time we had a bite of meat pie and were ready to head out with our dad, I was so exhausted from running around that I only made it to the end of the block. My brohters wound up sharing some of their goodies with me.


I won't do much these days. A wee bit of decorating, we don't get trick-or-treaters here. I'm planning another jaunt to the Fire Station to grab up some shots of their decorations. I'll be delivering candy to them next weekend to store until their haunted maze is set up. I'm glad it's on a Friday this year. I might go over to the YMCA or the mall to see what there decorations look like.

It seems more and more people are gathering at Halloween parties instead of going door-to-door, but I think most neighbourhoods still get around 100 childen (sometimes early teens) trick-or-treating.


This is the Auntie Spooky Meez I made.


Sometimes, I miss going out and seeing other people dressed up and the decorations. Having my dad's help was like being in the Universal Studios make-up room. He had a real talent for that kind of thing. One year, my brother and I went out as werewolves, I was a grey one, he was a brown one, the make-up was so good, at first people thought we were wearing masks. He used hair from wigs and spirit gum (glue) to apply it. That was the last year we went out.

The following year, we felt too old for it (I was thirteen) so we decked our house out with dry ice from the butcher shop, a ghost rigged to the clothesline (brought inside) that swung down when the door was opened, speakers on the roof - remember the old ELO album, when you spun the record backward on the turntable (do you remember turntables?) it said "turn back - turn back" and we played it over and over to record it with a tape recorder (this was before the spooky soundtracks were available or at least before we knew about them) and had a neighbour's sister scream her blood-curdling banshee scream several times and my brother's Boris Karloff impersonation and some creaking doors and the dog's chain from the backyard to make clanking noises - it was awesome! My oldest brother got in trouble (not big trouble though) for climbing onto the roof to set up the speakers (slanted roof). Of course, we dressed up to give out the goodies. Our decorations scared off a few smaller children so I met them at the driveway with their goodies.
In those days, that was considered a spooky place to visit.

We always gave out packages of Kool-Aid or Freshee and a little extra something (Wagon Wheels, licorice or caramels) to the younger children or ones who had really cool costumes.

I remember once we ran out of treats and someone heard about our house and had to drive with their tired children in the car to see it. We had nothing left so I gave them the Kleenex Marshmallow ghosts I made for decorations, a couple of oranges from the kitchen and the last bit of change we had in case anyone with UNICEF boxes game to the door. Got strange looks, but I'll bet they're still talking about the time they received the weirdest stuff in their treat bags. (Actually, a few children had plastic pumpkins, but most had pillow cases back then.)

My dad still makes scarecrows or spooky dummies for the front porch and a carves a few jack-o-lanterns, my mom decorates a bit inside and still enjoys handing out candy and seeing the children in their costumes.

My favourite treats were chocolate bars, chips, peanuts and caramels. We always made apple pie with any apples we received.

We are allowed to dress up at work so that's kind of fun.

Sadly I think the reason that not a lot of kid's go door to door any more is because people are so evil. Here they trick or treat in the mall and the churches have trunk or treat.We do get a few that come to the door ,but not a lot .

I remember "Trick or Treat For UNCIEF"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Ms_Speedy_Elf Ms_Speedy_Elf is offline
Dang Near Santa Himself
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,537
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 372
Thanked 399 Times in 297 Posts
Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by AuntieMistletoeDear View Post
When I was little, I was afraid of drowning so I was terrified with the thought of bobbing for apples.

The tradition of bobbing for apples and lighting candles inside pumpkins came from the Romans. They celebrated Harvest Day on November 1st.
The first Jack-o-lanterns were carved from turnips, not pumpkins. When the Irish came to America they began to use pumpkins because they were more plentiful than turnips.

A little bat factoid ...

Frog-eating bats identify edible from poisonous frogs by listening to the mating calls of male frogs. Frogs counter by hiding and using short, difficult to locate calls.

Vampire bats have fewer teeth than any other bat because they do not have to chew their food. Vampire bats living in the same colony support their roost-mates by regurgitating blood to bats that are unable to find food. Vampire bats need their daily blood. If they don't get the required blood, they will die. Along with flying, vampire bats can run, jump, and hop with great speed, using their chest muscles to fling themselves skyward.

I used to stretch out on the picnic table and watch bats flying around at night near the pine trees at my neighbour's place. Imagine, I had no fear of bats, but the thought of dipping my head into a bucket of water to retrieve an apple scared me.

YIKES!!! I'm afraid of bat's . When I was little the neighbor kid's would lock me outside at night when we were playing hide and seek or blind man's bluff. And when I lived at home I had a bat get in my bedroom one night.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Maureen's Avatar
Maureen Maureen is offline
Merry Forums Super Administrator



Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perthshire, Scotland
Posts: 6,242
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 1,079
Thanked 5,402 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
My best Halloween memory ties in with my worst one. When I was about 9 or 10 I was attacked while I was trick or treating. Three teenage boys jumped my friend and I. I had my costume torn off me and my bag of candy and UNICEF box were taken. Susan fared better and screamed blue murder. Anyway, cutting a very long story short, all my friends clubbed together and I got a share of each of their candy takings. It resulted in pretty much the same amount as I'd lost and still lasted me about a year!! That's when I knew who my real friends were
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
JOHNOR's Avatar
JOHNOR JOHNOR is offline
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England
Posts: 4,118
Thanks: 1,194
Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
My best Halloween memory ties in with my worst one. When I was about 9 or 10 I was attacked while I was trick or treating. Three teenage boys jumped my friend and I. I had my costume torn off me and my bag of candy and UNICEF box were taken. Susan fared better and screamed blue murder. Anyway, cutting a very long story short, all my friends clubbed together and I got a share of each of their candy takings. It resulted in pretty much the same amount as I'd lost and still lasted me about a year!! That's when I knew who my real friends were
that makes me so angry, i hope the little ******** got their cummupence eventually.

on a lighter note, what lovely friends you have!
__________________


Despite my username, I am female!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
halloween spooky treats






Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media


Click to listen now!


Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas









2012 Founder's Award