Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » Best Halloween Memories

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

OleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elfOleStNyck is a good elf
When I was about 12 I was dressed up as Robin Hood...full blown tights green outfit, hat, bow, arrows and quiver

much like this

well down by my house was this family that went FULL OUT with costumes, sets on their front lawn, monsters, people jumping out at you. REALLY ELABORATE. Well i was taking it all in looking at this coffin when a guy in a monster get up comes BURSTING out of it. I jumped back a mile in shock and at the same time I see this huge flash. I laugh and go over to their concession stand they have set up. They give away free hot dogs and cider instead of candy. Well I'm in line and this older guy keeps saying excuse me, excuse me son and finally taps me on the shoulder. he asks "Can I get your name?" I ask why and he tells me He's with the Ann Arbor News the huge local paper and he just took a picture of me that he is going to publish. the next day plastered on the center of the FRONT PAGE they put local community stuff and there I am...Mid backwards flight scared out of my mind in full blow robin hood garb. My mom worked right near the paper and went in and got a copy of the photo in 8x10

it was pretty funny.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
The most fun I ever had was, of course, scaring kids.

We have several trees in the front yard and we would hang a scarecrow or stuffed mask, tie it with fishing line and run to the roof of the house. As kids approached we would drop them. It was great. Of course, we loaded them up with candy to make up for scaring the crap out of them!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Well, I have several "favorites"...
When I was little, I loved going out and trick or treating. That was truly awesome!
I loved dressing up. Period. I love to dress up!!
I had every kind of costume known to kid kingdom!
I always enjoyed the party at school!
Then, I guess as an adult, I've always helped out with our church's Hallelujah Night. That's so fun!
I love the hot dog roasts, smores, having fun with my kidlets!
I enjoy carving pumpkins too and then we toast the seeds...yummO!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It's funny, but I think my fondest Halloween memory as a kid was from the one year I didn't go out trick-or-treating. I was about 7 or 8 and had strep throat (I had a chronic case until I got my tonsils out) and was just super down in the dumps about it. It was even more depressing because there were a group of 10 of us kids on the street that were friends and would T-or-T together. I remember looking out my front window and seeing everyone gathering and getting ready to leave. But as it turned out, they brought an extra bag for me and came by my house later in the night to deliver LOADS of candy. To top it all off, my sister (who is 4 years older) went with her own group of friends and brought me back candy too--so I ended up with about twice as much as I would have gotten by myself. It was a big feat for my sis--we did NOT get along in childhood, though we are best friends now.

Click to see my photography!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

BritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elfBritneyBug is a good elf
My favorite memory isn't really one year, but when I was young I lived in a huge suburb near my friend, and we would all go over to her house and all the kids would go out trick or treating until we could barely walk and carry our heavy bags. After we got back we would spend the evening going through our candy and trading and everyone would hang out together.
I miss it!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
I've enjoyed reading all the memories shared here.

We used to cover two or three different parts of the city as we got older. Our candy would last us until Easter. One home we went to we got tricks instead of treats because the owner was a magician.

The second last year I went out my brother, his friend and I took a short-cut near a house that was supposed to be Haunted. Not made up for Halloween, but a rumoured spot.

I was sharing a story that my father told me about what my Great Aunt did to him when he was a young man returning home after watching Psycho (the original). She scared the beejeebees outta my dad. I was telling my story and getting to the spooky part when a light turned on in the haunted house. We saw a silhouette that looked enormous and sped off. My brother's friend was dressed up like Frankenstein (used our ski boots to make the clunking sound when he walked) and the street light was burned out at the end of the dead end street and he fell over the wooden guardrail. It actually turned out a bit funny because he tried to scramble to his feet pretty quick and then brushed himself off and continued as if nothing had happened. My brother and I were trying not to laugh, but it was like a comedy sketch. He turned back and looked in the direction of the wooden guardrail and said, "stupid place to put a dead end."
We all started laughing.

The rumours of the haunted house, were just rumours. It was just an old house and because nobody ever saw anyone coming or going they assumed it was vacant and haunted. We think it was our parents or their parents who started the haunted house thing so children wouldn't play near the railroad tracks that ran along behind that stretch of land.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 AM
On the Naughty List

MerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elf
Originally Posted by OleStNyck View Post
When I was about 12 I was dressed up as Robin Hood...full blown tights green outfit, hat, bow, arrows and quiver

much like this

well down by my house was this family that went FULL OUT with costumes, sets on their front lawn, monsters, people jumping out at you. REALLY ELABORATE. Well i was taking it all in looking at this coffin when a guy in a monster get up comes BURSTING out of it. I jumped back a mile in shock and at the same time I see this huge flash. I laugh and go over to their concession stand they have set up. They give away free hot dogs and cider instead of candy. Well I'm in line and this older guy keeps saying excuse me, excuse me son and finally taps me on the shoulder. he asks "Can I get your name?" I ask why and he tells me He's with the Ann Arbor News the huge local paper and he just took a picture of me that he is going to publish. the next day plastered on the center of the FRONT PAGE they put local community stuff and there I am...Mid backwards flight scared out of my mind in full blow robin hood garb. My mom worked right near the paper and went in and got a copy of the photo in 8x10

it was pretty funny.

LOL! NICE
Old 10-10-2008, 08:06 AM
On the Naughty List

MerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elf
Originally Posted by Faithmom6 View Post
Well, I have several "favorites"...
When I was little, I loved going out and trick or treating. That was truly awesome!
I loved dressing up. Period. I love to dress up!!
I had every kind of costume known to kid kingdom!
I always enjoyed the party at school!
Then, I guess as an adult, I've always helped out with our church's Hallelujah Night. That's so fun!
I love the hot dog roasts, smores, having fun with my kidlets!
I enjoy carving pumpkins too and then we toast the seeds...yummO!!
I'M A KIDLET?! I thought that ws candy. LOL JK
Old 10-11-2008, 05:27 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

bastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry disposition
Last time I dressed up and went out for halloween was 2-3 years ago. I dressed up in this costume with a mask that had blood going throughout the face of the mask and I could actually feel the liquid going round lol. I love giving out sweets to people that come to our door but some people are just so old they don't trick or treat for the fun anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to bastones For This Useful Post:
MaureenMulligan (11-13-2008)