Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Your personal Christmas "time"

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,027
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This is a very good question.

I think you are talking about that "in the zone feeling" -- that you are caught up in the excitement and magic of Christmas -- and it is outside of you too.

I don't know what does that for me. I have to mail lots of packages to faraway relatives. Some years, I have them wrapped and mailed in the week of Thanksgiving - even before the day itself. I have done lots of wrapping of pretty packages by then. Listening to music and watching Christmas shows. But, I am not really "in the mood" by then.

I think that having the Christmas tree decorated is really big for me. I am going to try to get it up earlier this year - by the day after Thanksgiving. I'll see if that does it.

Of course, I turn on the outside lights on Thanksgiving night. That is really big for me and does make me very happy!

Old 10-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
I start being public with my Christmas spirit right after Thanksgiving sometime. The real holiday starts sometime in December for me though, because that's usually when you can find a Christmas movie on some channel almost every night. The decorations usually come down sometime after the new year.

I can't believe we're only 80 days away!!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

MerrySilver has shown a merry dispositionMerrySilver has shown a merry disposition
I start thinking about it all the way back in late August, sometimes picking up a few small gifts to go ahead and put away. But for me, Christmas season officially starts at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade when Santa Claus rolls in. We decorate the day/weekend after that, and the Christmas music and movies are constant

We take our decorations down after the New Year, though I hate doing it It makes me feel so sad that I have to wait so long to put them back up and revel in that glory all over again!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:49 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,893 Times in 3,818 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
yeah...that´s always kinda sad...but there´s so much to look forward too....spring, Easter, Summer, bbqs and then.... Christmas all over again

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i know, but i just can't help getting the january blues!

part of it is probably because of all the money i spent!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I get right into the Christmas spirit starting November 1st! That is when the Christmas music/movies start. The decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving (though I usually put my little pink tree up in my craft room well before that). We take the decorations down a few days after New Years, but I do get a little depressed on Christmas night--and January is the worst!

Click to see my photography!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:17 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,253 Times in 2,297 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
A Personal Tradition

Musically speaking, Christmas doesn’t really personally kick in until the first full weekend immediately proceeding Christmas Day. That’s when all of my favorite radio shows air their annual Christmas music shows. Most will start mixing Christmas after Thanksgiving as well. Then the week of Christmas, Alabama Public Radio joins most other public radio stations in airing several choral shows, often including ‘Handel’s Messiah.’ I must have well over a thousand hours of Christmas radio show recordings!

‘Blues Before Sunrise’ (BBS) illustrates this personal tradition above the others. This year will mark the eighteenth year that I will listen to Steve Cushing’s annual Christmas show. Back in my midnight shift years, BBS really ushered in the season with these great tunes! Though most of the time I now record and listen later, I have been known to stay up and listen all by my lonesome from midnight to five am.

It just doesn’t seem like Christmas unless I hear all my programs! Some of us here have been known to have listening parties in the chat room during some of these shows! Hopefully we will again this year.
There is a thread in the music forum about upcoming Christmas radio programming.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
SparkleNana (10-05-2008)
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
RadioJonD -the music is a huge part of Christmas for many of us. Listening to special music in the chat room sounds terrific!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Christmasologist

Johnor - there is definitely let-down in January! for one thing - there are almost NO parties around here during January. The weather has gotten "old" and it is going to stay that way for a long time. Of course -- money! High utility bills!!!

I bet we can come up with some ideas on this board - for ways to make us all feel better in January.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
For me, it officially starts the day after Thanksgiving. As for when it ends.....I like to go with the Epiphany, usually around January 6th. I have a little Christmas out in my computer room. Nothing that's too obvious but I love my reminder.