Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Creepy Crawler's

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Zero Liability Season's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:46 PM
47,832 Views  0 Posts
“A Christmas Spectacle”...
By MerryCarey
05-11-2012 02:46 PM
35,960 Views  0 Posts
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
30,966 Views  0 Posts
Snow or No Snow?
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 08:18 AM
Last post by trackrebel
07-18-2013 04:46 PM
53,895 Views  4 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts

Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Creepy Crawler's

I'm going with the country/rustic theme this year for Christmas,so I look for anything country/rustic looking that catches my eye and that includes nature thing's like pine cone's and buckeye's.

I bought a small basket of buck eye's at a flea market and felt that some time between now and when I decorate I'd figure out a way to "work" them in.

Well yesterday as I sat here in the living room ,I turned around from the computer desk and saw something white on the floor. I went to pick it up and noted that there was another "white something" on the floor next to where the other one had been laying and the one on the floor was moving.I quickly dropped the one in my hand . They were little white worm's a little less than an inch long and they had a brownish color on one end. I got rid of those and a short time later I turned around an there was another one. When my b/f came in for lunch there were 2 more on the floor.

I'm a clean fanatic and hadn't smelled anything dead in the living room so I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it could be that was attracting these unwanted visitor's. I got out the bug spray and sprayed the area real good. Well it didn't work ,as a couple hour's later they were appearing again. It seemed that they were just coming up out of the carpet.

We both rattled our brain's trying to figure out what it could be . My b/f checked to see if there might be something dead in between the insulation in the basement .Nothing .

Well just as I was getting ready to go to bed I got to thinking...I wondered if it was the pine cone's and buck eye's. So I got the bag from behind the couch where the other Christmas stuff is that I've bought this year (Didn't see any sense in packing it since I'll be using it soon) and started looking into the bag. I shook it around and just as I was about to give up ...I saw the little worm's in the bottom of the bag. So out the door it went .No bug's this morning .

Just be forewarned that thing's of nature might be pretty ,but they are liable to bring unwanted company with them .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Ms_Speedy_Elf View Post
I'm going with the country/rustic theme this year for Christmas,so I look for anything country/rustic looking that catches my eye and that includes nature thing's like pine cone's and buckeye's.

I bought a small basket of buck eye's at a flea market and felt that some time between now and when I decorate I'd figure out a way to "work" them in.

Well yesterday as I sat here in the living room ,I turned around from the computer desk and saw something white on the floor. I went to pick it up and noted that there was another "white something" on the floor next to where the other one had been laying and the one on the floor was moving.I quickly dropped the one in my hand . They were little white worm's a little less than an inch long and they had a brownish color on one end. I got rid of those and a short time later I turned around an there was another one. When my b/f came in for lunch there were 2 more on the floor.

I'm a clean fanatic and hadn't smelled anything dead in the living room so I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it could be that was attracting these unwanted visitor's. I got out the bug spray and sprayed the area real good. Well it didn't work ,as a couple hour's later they were appearing again. It seemed that they were just coming up out of the carpet.

We both rattled our brain's trying to figure out what it could be . My b/f checked to see if there might be something dead in between the insulation in the basement .Nothing .

Well just as I was getting ready to go to bed I got to thinking...I wondered if it was the pine cone's and buck eye's. So I got the bag from behind the couch where the other Christmas stuff is that I've bought this year (Didn't see any sense in packing it since I'll be using it soon) and started looking into the bag. I shook it around and just as I was about to give up ...I saw the little worm's in the bottom of the bag. So out the door it went .No bug's this morning .

Just be forewarned that thing's of nature might be pretty ,but they are liable to bring unwanted company with them .
Well, before tossing them - you can try this.
Try freezing the items. For a day or so at least.
Then, take the items outside and shake them. The unwanted critters will drop out of the items when you shake them. It's worth a try!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
ugh

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
YUCK!!! I SO don't do bugs, creepy crawlies, etc. *shudder*
Old 10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Ew, I would have been so grossed out. Glad you found the source!

Click to see my photography!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I can handle some bugs but no those. Got shivers just thinking about it. Glad to hear you are bug free today.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,048 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
eeeeeeeeeew....that´s a real nasty story You shared there...I´m glad You found the cause for the worms

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
ewwwwwwwwwwwww, I have a hard time with seeing bugs in my home
God love ya, I would have been so upset.

Where I live we have been dealing with the non native ladybugs (brought in here by some brilliant scientist) and last year it was so bad I would have gladly moved with no regrets. This is the month you start seeing them flying around outside, crawling on your windows inside, they like to hybernate in the houses (our native ladybugs do not)
They do not bite but they will pinch you and it hurts. I'm hoping they peaked last year because even though we have had very warm days this past week, I have only seen a few compared to last October.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Ewwwwwwww! They sound like they could be maggots.
*shudder*

Old 10-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yeah -

Yeah - Give me a mouse or a snake anyday...still bad - but i can see them and hunt them down.
Bugs on the other hand....
They freak me out - too quick - hide too much - in spots you would never think.....
YUCK!