Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Today I Met A Holocaust Survivor

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,189)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 AM
On the Naughty List

MerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elf
Originally Posted by Ms_Speedy_Elf View Post
Today and tomorrow the local college is holding an International Festival. Well I went today to hear a lady speak by the name of Mira Ryczke Kimmelman .She is 85 year's young.

Mira spoke of the 5 and a half year's of h**l that she went through .It started when she was 12 year's old . Of being in a cattle car in the heat and it being 120 degree's to surviving the bitter cold of 40 below zero. Having to barter everything the family owned in order to get food which mainly consisted of bread,some margarine and marmalade .Only living on 700 calories a day .Mira said that soap had to be bartered for as well and was hard to get so when it come to choosing on if you were clean or if you had food to eat ,you didn't care if you smelt bad.She told of how her family lived with her aunt in a tiny apartment that was VERY hard to heat and in order to keep warm ,they all set huddled in the tiny room burning the furniture in order to keep heat.When Mira and her mother were marching with other people being moved to another area,an S/S soldier spotted her and pulled her from the line . Mira figured that she would see her mother again at the train station ,it all happened so quickly that she never got the chance to embrace her mother or tell her goodbye.And it was the last time they ever saw each other.She also told of how they were dehumanized by having a tattooed number branded on their arm ,their head's shaved and given the stripped prison clothes to wear when she was sent to the concentration camp.If you wore glasses,was mentally ill, a child ,a woman with children or pregnant you were sent to the gas chamber.Out of 8 member's of the Ryczke family Mira and her farther were the only 2 to leave Auschwitz .She now lives in Oak Ridge ,TN .

Here is a photo of Mira and myself . I also purchased her book "Echoes From The Holocaust" (It can be purchased online.) and she signed the book for me ."To Terri,With Best Wishes ~Mira Kimmelman"

I hope this makes sense as I wrote what I could remember that she spoke of .
Wow that's pretty cool for her to be able to have survived that. I read about Corrie Ten Boon and her family during the Haulocaust and what not. But I never would be able to understand how miserable the people might have been.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:13 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by reindeerelf View Post
We have them here in the US as well. One of their titles is the "Aryan Nation". They are violent, pathetic individuals with a need to feel superior but have nothing to base it on but their skin color. They attract people from areas where poverty and ignorance are major problems. If the world is ever going to be rid of these types I think it must focus on eliminating poverty and ignorance.

yeah, unfortunately they are everywhere...the German institution...does not allowe to forbid parties (political party) beacuse of the constitution....so there are are two or three Nazi Parties....of course....they donīt say "We are Nazis"....but everyone knows it....

In Germany we call those "Nazis"....simply "Neonazis".....there are different groups....but You can easily recognize them, by the way they dress....they usually wear Lonsdale pullovers (the brand Lonsdale is not racist at all....but the Nazis wear it, because when the jacket is open...all You see from the word Lonsdale is NS).....to me these people are lowlifes....not more....and I have to say...the worst people on this planet....Nazis....make me mad

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
God Bless that dear lady and thank you for posting her picture and yours.

It is truly sad what one mad man imposed on the world. When freedom is taken from people it's against God's word.

And yes, I agree with the others, many things happen in past generations that we had no control over, all we can do is stand to make sure they don't repeat.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

Christmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elfChristmas Snow Angel is a good elf
I know alot of the survivors wouldn't speak of their stories because of the horror they went thru and they didn't want to think about it. I'm glad she feels the need to share her story so people really know what happened, and to help prevent it from happening again. I couldn't even start to imagine what they really went thru.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:22 AM
Santas Little Helper
Last Achievements

Lorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry disposition
tree

This makes me feel so sad, they were treated so awfully and although she got through this it cannot be a good memory to know how your family had died! God Bless her and everyone who made it through, To all those that didnt RIP!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
They showed Schindler´s List again over here last week.....Watching the end of it....I told my boyfriend that the evilness is almost unbelievable....I just can´t grasp it sometimes....6millions jewish people alone...plus gypsies, homosexuals, disabled and political enemies...Hitler came awfully close to reach his aim to at least kill every jewish person in Europe....these numbers are so outrageous...it´s incredible...in the end...I sat there crying again...crying bout my ancestors legacy...about the lives that have been lost....the pain that has been caused and lies that have been told.....

God bless the victim´s and survivors of the holocaust....as well as all the people fighting against it...including the allies and people within Germany who were brave enough to stand up and fight against Hitler and his idiot friends....people like Hans and Sophie School have my upmost respect....

sorry to bring this sad thread up again...as I wrote on a page before...this subject is close to my heart...and always will be...and I pray to the lord that something like that will never happen again

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
She sounds like an amazing woman and a true tribute to the endurance of the human spirit.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

ducktapehero has shown a merry dispositionducktapehero has shown a merry dispositionducktapehero has shown a merry dispositionducktapehero has shown a merry dispositionducktapehero has shown a merry disposition
Lest we forget, there's been a LOT of countries that have done similar things but aren't remembered for it. Stalin and Communism killed far more people than the Nazis. Slavery was bad but what the US gov't did to the American Indians was simply genocide. The British, French and Spanish Empires also did their fair share. Let's not point only to Germany and the Nazis. Evil abounds in this world.
The Following User Says Thank You to ducktapehero For This Useful Post:
trackrebel (11-04-2008)