Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » Help me get my Christmas music fix!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,085
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, williamjohn

Old 10-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That's awesome! I voted!
The Following User Says Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
Boogedy (10-26-2008)

Old 10-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Hey, maybe you guys can help me too! There are 3 stations here that used to play 24/7 Christmas music from around Nov. 21 on. But, this year one of those stations isn't playing music and the other 2 haven't made up their minds yet! Please send a quick note to them to encourage them to play Christmas music this year, 24/7!

feedback@3wsradio.com
rantill@wshh.com
qfeedback@q929fm.com

Thanks! I can't live without my Christmas music on the radio!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by Boogedy View Post
Detroit gets a special kind of cold in the winter!

Thank you EVERYONE for your votes! I also wanted to say that I love MCR, I just need something to listen to in the car. I can always pop in a CD but it feels so much more Christmas-y when it's on the radio!
That's exactly how I feel! I need it on in my car and at work since I don't have a computer to use at work for listening to the radio. It's more special to hear it on the radio than to just put a cd in. It lets you know that it's really Christmas time!! I voted again today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
Boogedy (10-26-2008)
Old 10-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
The station I listen to from Burlington did that last year then started around the 7th of Nov.

This year, they are only starting on Nov 24th.

ML

Originally Posted by Boogedy View Post
Every year around this time my local radio station holds a vote for when they should start playing 100% Christmas music--of course I always vote for "Today!". They never would actually start this early, but I am hoping for November 1st. Anyone want to help my cause?

http://www.wnic.com/main.html
Old 10-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

scottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elf
I voted!
The Following User Says Thank You to scottish*mama*claus For This Useful Post:
Boogedy (10-26-2008)
Old 10-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I will keep you all updated--here's to hoping it starts on Saturday morning! One year at midnight on Halloween, they mixed "Thriller" with "Holly Jolly Christmas".

Click to see my photography!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

TooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elf
I voted!
The Following User Says Thank You to TooShort4 For This Useful Post:
Boogedy (10-29-2008)
Old 10-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Ah, yes! WNIC! I have been voting daily for them to start early .... Nov 1st is Saturday! And that's usually when they start. I can't wait. It's all I listen to when I am in the car. And I'm trying to get my husband to bring our CD/Radio thing in from the garage so I can listen in the house as well. lol!
The Following User Says Thank You to lmm8606 For This Useful Post:
Boogedy (10-29-2008)
Old 10-29-2008, 09:11 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,249 Times in 2,294 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Warning! - Soapbox Post!

Y'all are just trying to get me started about corporate broadcast weasels again aren't you? They are looking at paper, NOT listening to people!

About 80% of the time, when a station goes all Christmas they have nothing to loose. In other words, if a particular station is fairing poorly in the ratings, they will "boost ratings” for the last quarter of the year by airing Christmas music. During the season, people will tune away from their favorite stations to listen to all Christmas. Advertisers will rush to the demand!

I suspect that is why your station isn’t going all Christmas this year, Santa’s Helper! If you check their ratings last year as compared to this year, I’d bet Jayish’s paycheck that they are scoring a lot higher this year. When stations are doing well, they are very reluctant to make any changes.

Christmas music on a radio station will also precede a format change! This is even true during any time of the year. When a station decides to change formats they will often air an interim period of Christmas music as a gimmick to attract listeners. You will detect this when every commercial break tells you when and what change is coming. There are two reasons for format changes. One, the station is under new ownership/management. The other is that they are doing so poorly in the ratings that they have to try something new.

I certainly don’t want to discourage anyone from trying to lobby for Christmas programming here! However, just be aware, for the vast majority of commercial broadcast vampires, it is all about marketing and selling advertising! It ain’t been about the music since about the early eighties!

As far as this voting contest to determine when the station changes to all Christmas, it’s generating a ton of interest isn’t it? Think about that for a minute and re-read this post.

Anyway, look for an underdog station in your area to air Christmas music. There will nearly always be one in any particular market with nothing to loose! If not, you will still find one from somewhere else with enough of a signal to hit your airwaves!

BTW, I'm still voting for November first!

Last edited by RadioJonD; 10-29-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

YellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elfYellowSnow is a good elf
Hey Boogedy. Since they have a statement encouraging folks to come back and vote daily, I've voted a few times for you now. I can't say I've done it every day, but each time I see this thread & if I have time (I'm usually at work), I go over and cast another vote for you.

I hope your getting your fix this weekend!

YS