Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Hard times have hit my family...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,835
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 10-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas Spirit -- You are doing A LOT of great things! I am so happy to hear that you are spending lots of time with your friends. I understand why your mom wants to spend a lot of time with you - you are smart and fun! I am sure she is very very proud of you! Maybe you can telephone her - when you are at your friends house. Give her a call - tell her what you are doing - if it is homework, tell her what subject - like reading for history or something. And ask her what she is doing. Tell her you'll call her again in an hour and see how things went.

That way you can be with your friends, and still giving your mom support. Be sure to tell her you love her often - more than once a day. (Your pop too. Don't make it up if you are not feeling it, though.)

Maybe your mom can find some online support groups. No matter how old we are, they are helpful for us all. I feel very lucky that you are in this group, with us!
Old 10-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
I'm sorry about your bad luck, I hope everything gets better for you.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I want to tell you that from I have seen and heard from you on here I think you are handling this in a very mature manner. Be proud of yourself for handling and dealing with your situation like you are. It may seem like a lot all at once but at the end you can look back and said YES I survived it. Yes I handled that the best I could and still came out OK! That more then alot of adults can say. Just remember to take things one day at a time and keep talking to your friends, mom and other trusted adults. HUGS going your way!!!!
I agree with what Minta said. You are amazing to be handling this in such a mature manner. I've found that when it looks like there's a mountain in front of us, that there will be a way to get through, around, or over it that we can't see at the moment. Just hang in there and know that a lot of good people are praying for you and thinking about you. You and your family will get through all this and somehow, you will be better for having learned how to get through it. My prayers are with you.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

TwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnog
*HUGS*
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you." - 1 Peter 5:7

Old 10-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by TwinkleLights25 View Post
*HUGS*
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you." - 1 Peter 5:7
Amen to that. Hang in there. And please know you and your family are also in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I hope everything works out for you and your family! Take care.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Hang in there !

Lots of love.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Christmas Spirit, I'm so sorry to hear of the trials your family is going through. Sometimes we don't understand why bad things happen to good people, but they do. Just remember, "that which does not kill us, only makes us stronger", I'm sure you and your family will come through this, and be stronger and closer because of it. God Bless.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

scottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elfscottish*mama*claus is a good elf
((HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR YOUR FAMILY CHRISTMAS SPIRIT))

Be there for each other as much as you can. You'll be stronger as a family for it in the end. My family is going through something similar. I imagine my 14 year old has many of the same feelings and fears as you. But we endure, and with love and faith we make it through to the other side.

Annie