Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » www.filmschoolrejects.com/top5/the-ten-worst-christmas-movies-of-all-time.php

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

TooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elfTooShort4 is a good elf
I enjoyed all the Santa Claus movies and Christmas with the kranks.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Don't hate me. remember - we can't all agree on everything. I.... do NOT like Christmas With the Kranks and Deck the Halls. I haven't seen the others.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Santas Little Helper
Last Achievements

Lorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry dispositionLorn--xx has shown a merry disposition
Christmas with the kranks is brill, so funny, and has a great message, shows the meaning of christmas! and that its not a time to be selfish! x
Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Santa and the Martians- a guy I work with loves this movie and he gave it to me and I made it through about 10 minutes and turned it off.

The Nativity Story- Never saw it.

Christmas with the Kranks- I looooove Tim Allen and would watch him sleep! Liked the movie, don't like Jamie Lee Curtis.

Miracle on 34th Street- I don't dislike this movie as much as I do It's a Wonderful Life but, that store Santa's dirty looking beard creeps me out! It's probably an ok movie though.

Fred Claus- Haven't seen it but, I love Vince Vaughn so I know I'll like it.

Black Christmas- Don't like the title and I don't like what it's about so I won't see it ever.

Surviving Christmas- It's ok at times but, it's not that great. This was right after the J.Lo Bennifer fiasco when Ben Affleck's movies were crap.

the Santa Clause movies- I love Tim Allen and I'll say it again, I'd watch him sleep! Love the Santa Clause movies!

Deck the Halls- Really dumb movie but, way better than Santa Claus conquers the Martians!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by SparkleNana View Post
Don't hate me. remember - we can't all agree on everything. I.... do NOT like Christmas With the Kranks and Deck the Halls. I haven't seen the others.
Ha! It's ok, I don't like It's a Wonderful Life or The Christmas Shoes! Not that those 2 movies are on this list we are discussing but, I just thought that I'd throw that out there. We can't all like the same things!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
miracle on 34th street is a great film, i can't believe it's on the list! i've seen the santa clause but it was years ago, however, i do remember enjoying it.

black christmas, ok, never seen it, never want to. christmas is not about horror films! fred clause - as much as i wanted to like it, i didn't, i was disappointed with it. heck, my boyfriend feel asleep in the cinema whilst we were watching it! that's how good it was....

one of the WORST christmas flicks i have ever seen was this made for tv one starring john goodman as santa clause. it has some crazy scene in with the miser brothers. anyone know what it's called? it was truly awful.
Was that movie "The Year without a Santa Claus"? I never liked the animated original so I'm sure I wouldn't like this one either.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
Was that movie "The Year without a Santa Claus"? I never liked the animated original so I'm sure I wouldn't like this one either.
that's right! oh my word, it was truly terrible, please don't watch it!

can i ask why you don't like "it's a wonderful life" is there any particular reason?

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I loved The Santa Clause movies.
I don't think I have seen the other movies all the way through to give an opinion.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
This reviewer must have been in a bad mood that day, they were negative and nasty ( not in the spirit of Christmas ).
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Trinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry disposition
Ok...Here's my opinion

10. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

I've never seen this one so I can't actually comment.

9. The Nativity Story (2006)

Not one of my favorites. Could've definitely been better.

8. Fred Claus (2007)

Haven't seen this one yet since the release date is in November but I'm looking forward to it.

7. Miracle on 34th Street (1994)

My Grandfather introduced me to this movie as a child. I prefer the old black and white version but the remake is nice to grab the attention of today's kids, the courtroom has a new take on the ending and it has a nice message.

6. The Santa Clause 2 (2002)

I liked the original Santa Clause best and think that they could've stopped there but the sequels were entertaining.

5. Christmas with the Kranks (2004)

Ok. I have to COMPLETELY disagree with this one. I actually LOVED this film and thought it sent a great message.

4. Deck the Halls (2006)

I watched this one and while it was entertaining, it did not top my fave list.

3. Black Christmas (2006)

This was pretty disturbing and I agree with this pick.

2. The Santa Clause 3 (2006)

Again, not terrible.

1. Surviving Christmas (2004)

Not one of my favorites.