Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,229
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 10-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
tree Baking tips

I know I have my baking tips that I have learned through the years and I would love to read about your baking tips.

This one works and it's so simple.
If you have made your sugar cookies and stored them and they start drying out, put a slice of bread in with them, it works.

I do have a funny story about this tip. My daughter told me her sugar cookies got dry so I told her to put a piece of bread in with them and they will soften up.
LOL, well she did and when we went to vist she said it didn't work and she showed me the piece of bread she put in with them. It was no bigger than the tip of a thumb, it was so tiny, we all got a big laugh from it. No wonder it didn't work.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
The things my mom and I always do is get all the ingredients out first as opposed to grabbing them as we need them, that way we have everything and we are sure we won't be short. Then as we use them we put each thing away (or in a specific area if we will bake more) so that we don't get confused as to what we added and what we still need to add.
The other thing we do is when we are cracking eggs we always crack 1 egg at a time into a separate bowl incase there is something wrong with the egg. That way it doesn't ruin the rest of the ingredients. If it's ok, we add it to the mix and crack another into the separate bowl and so on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
joyful (10-24-2008)
Old 10-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
If I don't feel like baking something right away I will put all the dry ingredients together and then cover it with a lid. That way later on all I have to do is add the wet ingredients. Also I cut brownies with a pizza cutter so that way I can get more even sizes.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
joyful (10-24-2008)
Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Thanks Santa's Helper, I do the same because if I don't I will forget to add something which I have done in the past. And the price of eggs have gone up so much lately I'm glad I've always broke them one at time in another bowl, I hate to waste eggs. Good tips.

Thanks snowytree, brownies can be hard to cut and I never thought of using a pizza cutter but I will the next time. I like the idea of putting the dry ingredients together to use at a later date. Good tips.