Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » I don't understand America...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Faithmom6 View Post
Actually Johnor, when I read the title of your post - my first thought was ...."I don't either!"

lol!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. View Post
And then there's Hawaii... waaaay out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, a chain of islands completely surrounded by water, touching no other land, let alone any other state... but it does have an "Interstate" highway... go figure.

Winter's can be pretty brutal here in Southwest Pennsylvania, too. Pittsburgh is abot 120 miles south of Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes.
When I went on a tour of Hawaii the tour guide said that the government would pay for their highways if they called them interstates. If not then it wouldn't be paid for. So that's why they have interstates!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 10-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,858 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
When I went on a tour of Hawaii the tour guide said that the government would pay for their highways if they called them interstates. If not then it wouldn't be paid for. So that's why they have interstates!
Yeh... I knew that... still, it's government bureaucracy at its stupidest... "even though anyone can see it's NOT an interstate, we'll call it that and it will be so!"

You can call a fork a "spoon" all day long, but you still can't eat broth with it.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yeh... I knew that... still, it's government bureaucracy at its stupidest... "even though anyone can see it's NOT an interstate, we'll call it that and it will be so!"

You can call a fork a "spoon" all day long, but you still can't eat broth with it.
The just need a bridge.

A BIG one
Old 10-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Got behind a bit here.....

For all those of you who haven't been to Manhattan, do put it on your list of places to visit !!! It is just one of those cities you MUST have been to at least once in your life ! It's nothing like the rest of America, not even like the rest of NY state but you know just like London and Paris and..... something you shouldn't miss out on. A once in a life time experience.

But San Francisco will always be my favorite city in the world !!! I lived in CA for four years and absolutely loved it. I lived in the Bay area (near Livermore). Lake Tahoe is absolutely gorgeous, Yosemite, Redwoods, .... it was an amazing place !

I can't imagine you hated it Jana !!!! Even the middle is beautiful to me !
Old 10-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
cold winters? North dakota, alaska, maine

Warm? Florida, some of texas
I am in Texas and sometimes its a warm winter. I have a feeling this year isnt going to be as it was kinda mild last year.
Rebecca
Old 10-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
The just need a bridge.

A BIG one
A man riding his Harley was riding along a California beach when suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said,"Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish. The biker pulled over and said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is materialistic, think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help mankind."

The biker thought about it for a long time.

Finally, he said, "Lord, I wish that I and all men could understand women; I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a Woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"
Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
One of the purposes of the interstate system was to strengthen national defense, and Hawaii (specifically, the island of Oahu) was crammed with military installations that needed to be connected by good roads.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others

Yeah, the tour guide thought that it was pretty funny. He was like hey, if you want to call it an interstate then fine, we'll call it an interstate. He said they have the only interstates that don't go anywhere. He found it humorous and so did I!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story