Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
How Much Nog?

So since we have already finished one carton of nog, I got to wondering: How much do we drink during the season?
Lets try to keep a total. Every time you drink a carton add it to the total.

Lets start.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

mistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry disposition
DS and I had some just before Thanksgiving. (bought 4, I drank approx. 2 1/2)
Dear friend found me a carton yesterday.
I guess I am at
Old 10-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
And here I am....at number 0 as we can't get it over here.

Not tasted even a sip, so I'm super jealous! lol
Old 10-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I'm hoping one of our cooking gurus will bring a recipe to the cooking chat tonight!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:40 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
we are on our second Plus the 3 from mistletoemisfit puts us at

5 total.

KEEP IT COMIN!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
I already know

Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
So since we have already finished one carton of nog, I got to wondering: How much do we drink during the season?
Lets try to keep a total. Every time you drink a carton add it to the total.

Lets start.

I already know my average..same for past few years....
They start to sell it here in th last week of October (so this week i should score!)
I buy 2 cartons per week of the lowfat Eggnog...ALL MINE TOO SINCE MY DAUGHTER AND WIFE DON'T LIKE IT!
I continue to buy about the same though December...
At the end of December - i buy 4-6 extra to freeze and have throughout the summer - etc.

So for me its roughly 15-20 during the season and another 5 or so for the summer.
=)
Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Try

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I'm hoping one of our cooking gurus will bring a recipe to the cooking chat tonight!
Try to make it in Milk Shakes - either with Vanilla Ice Cream or the Eddys Egg Nog Ice Cream.
Add a shot of liqueur to it and some nutmeg on top and BAM
EggNog Milkshake!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

mistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry dispositionmistletoe misfit has shown a merry disposition
Brilliant!!!! Applaud!Applaud!
Eggnog milkshake! Yummy!
If only I didn't drink it all every time I bought it, I would freeze it for Christmas in July!
I'm too much of a nogaholic to save any. lol
Old 10-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Right now...I write this post with tears falling from my eyes...since finding out I'm expecting, I've been going through this loooong list of deliciously delectable foods that I can't have. I already knew I would have to give up my beloved sushi, go easy on the scrumptious shellfish and even cool it on the catfish...but I...I don't think I can have egg nog!! It's raw eggs, and I can't even have non pasteurized cheese! I'm also advised against eating anything raw....raw eggs...egg nog. My first Christmas without egg nog....*sniffle* (I know it will be worth it)

ETA: Dvdguy....I now charge you with drinking all of the egg nog that I can't drink! So get to finishing number 2 and start working on number 3!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I posted a warning about that on your thread - sorry about the news but better to find out now. Nevermind, you can make up for it next year!!!!!!!!