Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » When Do You Put Up The Christmas Tree?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 10-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

annalauren has shown a merry dispositionannalauren has shown a merry disposition
We have always put up our tree and decorations on Thanksgiving Day. We don't have family in town and I am a vegetarian, my son is extremely picky and my husband hates turkey. So, I got creative so I make Thanksgiving Day super fun. My son loves it. We wake up early and get breakfast. We go to Garden Ridge and catch all the awesome deals and have a good lunch. Then we head home and drag all the decorations out. I usually make homemade pizza's and appetizers we can snack on all night. It's not traditional, but it's a fun day. At night, we turn the tree lights on and watch Santa Clause with Tim Allen.
Maybe this year I will start pulling the boxes out sooner!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,477 Times in 13,315 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star every year on my daughters birthday

It is tradition since she was little. We do the outside of the house before the snow flies simply because it is way to cold to do it after! Of course, we had a bit of the white stuff already, only it vanished as quick as it arrived. It will be back, soon. I have a lot of lights to put up and have switched mostly to led (it helped that our local hydro provider traded our old for the led last year!) I have some old decorations that my parents brought from Holland in 1954, but they are starting to fall apart so they don't get hung on the tree anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Lynn68 (09-29-2011)
Old 11-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,459 Times in 328 Posts
MerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to othersMerryNoel is a gift to others
I will be putting ours up on the last Sunday in November
Old 11-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Our tree/decorations will go up the day after Thanksgiving. Well, except for our wreath for the front door and the garland (Balsam, I think??) that I ordered last week for a fundraiser for a group at my old high school..that will be delivered 2 days before Thanksgiving and will be put up the same day. Can't wait!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

kristie86 has shown a merry dispositionkristie86 has shown a merry dispositionkristie86 has shown a merry dispositionkristie86 has shown a merry dispositionkristie86 has shown a merry disposition
Well im starting to decorate today... as well as starting on the christmas card exchange and also im going to attept to bake some gingerbread men i have never made them so it should be interesting and fun.... Im sooo excited it is really starting to feel christmas is approaching...
Old 11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
Dec 5th is our tentative schedule depending on the birth of my sister's second boy, expected in late Nov.

ML
Old 11-01-2008, 09:55 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Today and tomorrow

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

DayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry dispositionDayTek has shown a merry disposition
Fall stuff gets put away the weekend before Rememberence Day. Winter stuff goes up on Rememberence Day because it's a stat holiday at my work every year, so I spend the day putting up the winter stuff. Christmas stuff anytime after the winter stuff and before the tree, just depends when I'm in the mood (snow usually helps).

The tree goes up the first weekend in December usually, but because that comes late this year, it will likely go up on Nov.29th.

I can't put the tree up more than a month before Christmas. It's special because it doesn't stay up for long time.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

snowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elfsnowangel_x3 is a good elf
We normally put it up the day after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,510 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
The kids will put up their tree in their bedroom either this weekend or next. The dinning room tree will go up the weekend before thanksgiving. The main tree will go up Thanksgiving night. Not sure when the family room tree wil go up yet. That's hubbys tree.

We will start string up the outside lights the weekend before Thanksgiving and will finish Thanksgiving weekend.