Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » When Do You Put Up The Christmas Tree?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud

Old 11-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

MissFrissmas has shown a merry dispositionMissFrissmas has shown a merry dispositionMissFrissmas has shown a merry disposition
Our tree was proudly erected and decorated yesterday (08/11/2008).
I like to do it on a day when I have plenty of time to relax and enjoy.
My little boy was such a "big helper. I wish I could post a pic!

Old 11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

NLxmasmom has shown a merry disposition
Ours will most likely go up December 1st. Dh wouldn't be pleased if I put it up before that.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:01 AM

girl_of_advent has shown a merry dispositiongirl_of_advent has shown a merry dispositiongirl_of_advent has shown a merry dispositiongirl_of_advent has shown a merry dispositiongirl_of_advent has shown a merry disposition
Oh, you put out your trees so early!!

In my parents home they put tree out at christmas eve. Now, when i and husbend spend hole christmas in our home, i think we put three out night before christmas eve.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

misjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry disposition
My tree usually goes up the first weekend in Nov. But we were a little late this year being 2 weekends into Nov. My best friend needed a tree and I moved and don't have the room for my "BIG" tree so I waited to dig it all out till she was ready. But that's ok it's up and pretty!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:00 AM

quick5pnt0 has shown a merry dispositionquick5pnt0 has shown a merry disposition
We have an artificial tree that we stumbled upon after the holidays a few years ago that we decided to put up early this year. (a couple of weeks ago!) but for the most part we don't get our real tree until the middle of December. Any earlier and it'll be dry as a bone by Christmas, nevermind New Years.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

bastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry dispositionbastones has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by girl_of_advent View Post
Oh, you put out your trees so early!!

In my parents home they put tree out at christmas eve. Now, when i and husbend spend hole christmas in our home, i think we put three out night before christmas eve.
I see no point in having a Christmas tree up if it'll only been up for a few weeks.

I try and have the Christmas tree up as early as possible, I'll be getting the tree out of the attic (without notice to anybody else!) on the 1st December or any day near to that my Mum is off work, and we'll be setting it up.

I'll try and get the tree setup earlier (maybe today) if I can persuade my Mum to help ... great fun setting it up

edit: just spoke to her, will be setup on sunday...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:09 AM

girl_of_advent has shown a merry dispositiongirl_of_advent has shown a merry dispositiongirl_of_advent has shown a merry dispositiongirl_of_advent has shown a merry dispositiongirl_of_advent has shown a merry disposition
Bastones: I think, that here in Finland it is tradition to put christmastree up in christmaseve or day- two before. Here tree is usually real one. so we bought our tree saturday, tomorrow morning we take it inside to melt dow.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

santashelperkobrin has shown a merry disposition
tree Tree

We usally put our up with in the frist couple week's of Novermber, Sence I am from Canada are Thanksgiveing is in Oct.

Ruth
Old 04-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,889 Times in 4,654 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We put up our Cmas tree aroudnt the 2nd or 3rd weekend of Nov and take it down around Jan 6-10....I like to have it up for a while....
Old 05-05-2009, 04:13 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 163,998 Times in 31,298 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas tree goes up the day after thanksgiving and stays up through new years day. I usually clean real good the week before thanksgiving and pack up all of the stuff sitting around to make room for my christmas stuff. Then went I get home from shopping on black friday I can get all of the christmas stuff out and decorate pretty quick. I have been known to stay up all night after thanksgiving dinner and put it all out so it is there when everyone wakes up friday morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (06-02-2012)