Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » The Ghost of Sue Howard Hardy

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,443
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
stocking Top Ten Reasons You...
By MMC Editor
09-23-2013 04:07 PM
13,755 Views  0 Posts
Celebrating Christmas in...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:03 PM
46,777 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Changing Face of...
By MMC Editor
10-31-2011 08:23 AM
60,157 Views  0 Posts
What exactly is an elf?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:47 PM
56,379 Views  0 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts

Old 10-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
The Ghost of Sue Howard Hardy

In honor of Halloween, I would like to share one of Charleston's more famous ghost stories:

Above you see a picture of the St. Philips Graveyard in Charleston, SC in 1987. I drew a red circle around what is supposedly the apparition of Sue Howard Hardy.

This photo was analyzed by Kodak and other independent labs and they verified it was not tampered with.

Saint Philip's Churchyard is supposedly haunted. Many claim
the ghost of Sue Howard Hardy roams the graveyard. She
died six days after she gave birth to a stillborn baby. People
often see her spirit walking through the cemetery, crying at her
child's grave. Women who are pregnant, or those who have
had miscarriages, often feel sick while visiting the cemetery -
many people blame this on Sue's ghost. In 1987 a
photographer visited the cemetery while writing an article
about Charleston's graveyards. In one of his photos, there is a
woman mourning the death of her child at a grave...he didn't
see the woman while he was at the cemetery, she just showed
up on the photo! The date of the photo is exactly 99 years to the day of her death...

Old 10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Sad but eerrie.

I watched a special on CMT once about The Haunting Of Hurricane Mills which is where Loretta Lynn lives . They had a story about a woman that roams the property and she too lost her infant at birth.

You can google about the Haunting Of Hurricane Mills to read about it.

They also have a Confederate soldier that roams the house and women dressed in civil war period clothing .

It's a pretty interesting show.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Definately will have to check those out. Hurricane Mills sounds vaguely familiar. I've read so many they wash together.

I find the ghost stories intriguing, but I really enjoy the history that surrounds the stories.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
eerie...
Old 10-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
My friend went to Scotland on vacation a couple of years ago and visited a place that was haunted - I think it was a jail. When she was getting ready to go onto the property, she got her camera ready and snapped a picture outside the fence. When she stepped two steps inside the fence, her camera would no longer work. Her husband actually went into a cell that was supposed to be haunted and he came out with bruises and scratches all over him. He never felt anything, they just showed up. This stuff is CREEPY!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:50 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,111 Times in 545 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
creepy

©♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

Originally Posted by MrsH View Post
My friend went to Scotland on vacation a couple of years ago and visited a place that was haunted - I think it was a jail. When she was getting ready to go onto the property, she got her camera ready and snapped a picture outside the fence. When she stepped two steps inside the fence, her camera would no longer work. Her husband actually went into a cell that was supposed to be haunted and he came out with bruises and scratches all over him. He never felt anything, they just showed up. This stuff is CREEPY!!!
That is freaky.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
Even weirder - she wants to go BACK to visit the place again!!!

Not me...no thanks....NO WAY!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

Here's another one from the supposedly haunted Battery Carriage Inn:
Room 8

The Headless Torso

In August of 1993, I got a call from a man who had stayed at the inn a year ago and wanted to talk to me about it. He asked if anyone had ever experienced anything unusual at the inn. I said I didn’t understand. He explained that he was an engineer: a very practical person who didn’t believe in unusual things that couldn’t be explained, but he’d been very bothered by an experience he had at the inn. He said that on their walk back to the inn from dinner, he and his wife saw cats, which are supposedly drawn to the spirit world.

In the middle of the night, the man had the sensation he was being watched. Though he wasn’t sure if he was awake, the man said he could see the torso of a man with no face in front of him. He said the man was strong and barrel-chested and wearing several layers of clothing. He said he recalled reaching out and touching the coarse material of the apparition’s overcoat. The ghost’s raspy breathing became a kind of threatening moan when the guest touched his coat.

He then felt afraid and was worried the ghost might do him harm, so he tried to scream out and remembers waking up at that point. His heart was pounding and he was frightened, but there was no one else in the room.

He knew, despite never seeing hands, legs or even a face, that there was something in the room, though not an actual physical presence. Paul also said he had a sense that the man was not a nice sort of person, and he recalled the carriage operator telling him about how they used to publicly hang pirates from the trees in the battery. He said his sixth sense told him to be fearful and not trust this entity as benign.
Night Movement
On the night of August 17, Mrs. S stirred from her sleep between the hours of 2 and 3. Looking up to the door, she saw one of the interior shutters moving up and down. First it was the top shutter. After a few moments, the two bottom shutters started moving at the same time. Then the two top shutters. A shadow moved over just the top two sets without casting a shadow over the bottom two. Next, the bottom left shutter closed, then the bottom right, and then the top left, leaving only the top right open. After this, Mrs. S got out of bed and turned on the bathroom light so the room would not be completely dark if the last set was closed. She woke a few more times that night and the upper right set remained open. In the morning Mrs. S mentioned it to her husband and Mr. S had surprisingly seen something as well. Prior to the shutters moving, Mr. S had turned over in bed and looked into the mirror. To do this he had to sit up and he doesn't recall what prompted him. In the mirror he saw a “frosty” apparition of a human face. He could make out the eyes, nose and mouth, but could not tell the gender. After a few seconds, the face disappeared and Mr. S fell back asleep. Neither of them knew the inn was haunted before this.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Very creepy!