Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » How did your Halloween go???

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,092
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, Sandy Horton

Old 10-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Not bad here. WE get no trick er treaters at my house. So I went to my grandmas to pass out candy. I took my dog with me, the kids loved her! At about 6:30 molly(dog) and I went back home. Then mom, dad and I went to dinner and then to walmart.

Guess what...Walmart has their big Christmas tree up!! Do they do that where you all live, or just here?

Old 10-31-2008, 10:32 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Daughter and I had a wonderful time. I helped out with her Halloween Party at school. After school we took off to main street to stand in line and get ready for the "Spook Parade" (where all the kids trick or treat the local businesses). We then came home and daughter's friends mother picked her up to go have a dinner and then trick or treat. I stayed home and passed out candy.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
As my 5 year old nephew announced "Aunt Sunshine, this is the best Halloween in the whole world!"

He's so cute. Dh and I went with my sister and her DH to take their four boys trick or treating. We had a great time...lots of fun watching the kids take it all in.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:08 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,799 Times in 3,800 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
no halloween over here....i sawa few maskeraded people.....give halloween a few more years here...and it will be bigger, too....but so far....not so much to do....I didnīt didnīt even bother to watch a scary movie...cos all they showed I think was Scream....and I donīt think thats a cool halloween movie...and I saw it too often

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-01-2008, 05:01 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Well at first when they started out at 5PM we had a couple on and off ,then the darker it got and the closer it came to quitting time ,they seemed to come out of the wood work.

At first we started by giving each child 2 piece's. .Usually by the end of the night we give it away by the hand full's to get rid of it.

Well I started doing that when it looked like we weren't going to get any more ,when as I said above they started going out from every where .

We live in town on a side street and there were car's lined up 2 -4 deep on each side of the street.There got to be so many that I was only able to give out 1 piece per child as I was afraid that I wouldn't have enough candy before the night was done .

My computer desk sets by the door so I sat here in my chair waiting and watching . Around 10 PM it started thinning out and I kept falling asleep so I turned off the porch light and locked up.

Out of 4 bag's of candy I guess that we had about 10 piece's left.

I think that our cutest one's were a little princess .She looked to be about 5 or 6 .A pink dinosaur who looked to be about 2 and a tiny cow who wasn't even old enough to walk.

The little one's were so excited and they would run to the door. I was always afraid that one would trip on their costume and fall on the side walk or porch.

I put candy in one little 2 year old girl's bag and she still stood there with her hand out wanting more and one little boy continually rang the door bell while I gave him candy .
Old 11-01-2008, 05:11 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
aaaw...I would have loved to see the little dino and babycow...

Old 11-01-2008, 05:23 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

lelly has shown a merry dispositionlelly has shown a merry dispositionlelly has shown a merry disposition
we dont do halloween well i did when i was younger with a few mates i just dont think its caught on that much here in australia although at a $2 store it was full of halloween stuff when i went by on halloween day most of it was gone so maybe it is catching on here in australia maybe when our boys get older we will take them trick or treating maybe
Old 11-01-2008, 05:31 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

yeah...that´s the funny thing....in Germany all the stores are full with decoration and candy and costumes....and most of it sells pretty good...I think it´s catching up here as well....it just takes a lot of time....

Old 11-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

irishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elf
really great Halloween!!

I had a GREAT Halloween!! At work we had a costume contest and I was really happy to see so many employees dress up! We also had a bake sale to raise money for our holiday party. We sold "BOO BAGS". Bags of candy that we filled on Thursday. We had alot of partcipation so it really set my day in motion. Plus yesterday was the Phillies World Champion Parade!! GO PHILLIES!!!! We had that streaming on the computers all day!! Then we set up the candy for safe trick or treating. I work in retail so we had safe trick or treating for the kids.
My boys got home from their field trip around 2pm. That was the best part of the day. We had our traditional Halloween pizza!
I live on a one way street so we get TONS of trick or treaters!!! Most of my neighbors sit out on their front porch to give out candy so it is like a big block party. We wander from house to house to check out the candy and say HI! Most people come to our house to see how my DH dressed up that year. This year he was a Philadelphia Eagle. Our DS was the joker. My DH did his face makeup.. he looked AWESOME!! I was the Queen of Hearts (off with their heads!). Even though most of the kiddies thought I was Snow White because of my hair. I went through 10+ bags of candy in just about 2 hrs. I told you .. I get alot of trick or treaters!!! BUT man was it fun!!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
Sorry your night was bad Johnor. I've been there myself from time to time. It's disappointing. My night was great for the simple reason that I didn't get egged! Of course there's still time since this week it's supposed to be warm here. Keeping fingers crossed though. I don't get trick or treaters here and I actually fell asleep around 6 pm. I was disappointed that Nick at night or the Oxygen channel didn't run a Roseanne Halloween marathon. Come on! Halloween was her specialty and they didn't even show 1 episode! Bummer.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
JOHNOR (11-01-2008)