Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,834
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
=)

I used to be an avid comic collector - down to 8 full length boxes now....
Lots of Christmas in there!

Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. View Post
Lots of Christmas comics!

Show of hands... who knew I was going to post that?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
At a quick count about 30. They're mostly history of Christmas and christmas traditions type books (cos that's my thing!).

I mostly get them from jumble sales and charity shops. My latest is one from a lady at Church who was having a clear out! It's arrangements of carols, inc ones I've never heard of!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,259 Times in 13,280 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Not as many as I did when the kids where little

I still have a few of my favorites, some cookbooks and a couple of craft books. I just bought one "The Twelve Blessings of Christmas" by T.J. Mills. It contains some recipes, ideas of things to do during the Christmas season and some short stories.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
I probably have 100, maybe more! This isn't surprising since I have over 1200 fiction books* (not including Christmas or non-fiction) in my home library! That 100 includes the children's Christmas books as well. I keep them with mine so they don't get lost in the shuffle or ruined. My boys can be a little rough and I'm trying to teach them the importance of keeping books nice. They're learning--slowly but surely!

*I have my fiction books catalogued and I take it with me when I go to used book sales or Goodwill, etc. because if I don't, I'll buy something I already have--lol!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,277 Times in 5,922 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I just realized this year I have a fair-sized collection---not as many as the other nuts here, but a whole boxful, not counting the Christmas music books. I've been enjoying reading public-domain books online at Project Gutenberg, and recently got a real not-virtual copy of one of them---"The Christmas Angel" by Abbie Farwell Brown. I started reading Christmas literature right after Halloween so I have time to squeeze more in this year.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I got another one today!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wayne-Manger...dp/014102688X/

The author is a former schools inspector in Yorkshire in the UK and he writes books about the funny things that have happened to him. These are all the Christmas ones!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

SilentNight08 has shown a merry dispositionSilentNight08 has shown a merry dispositionSilentNight08 has shown a merry disposition
I believe I have about forty-many of those are childrens books. It is a tradition that my mom and I have had for about the last 6 years. We each get eachother a Christmas book at Christmas!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Awesome!

So i am not the only nut with a ton of Christmas books!
=)
I plan to buy a few more this week at Borders!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,858 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
I posted this elsewhere (Christmas Media, Online), but it's appropriate to this thread, so here goes again...

So, I just finished a wonderful book for kids and adults called "Little Santa"... it's a picture graphic novel, told all in pantomime. Beginning or non-readers will be able to follow along easily and parents will have a ball "reading" the book with their young ones. The art style looks like the best of French or Belgian cartooning (and may be). I highly recommend it.

You can find it here:

http://www.nbmpub.com/humor/trondheim/lilsantahome.html
Old 12-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I've never counted. But I do have quite a few. Daughter and I read this evening How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss this evening and also A Charlie Brown Christmas by. Charles Shulz. I love Christmas books. I have a couple on the History of Christmas and also many books on Christmas Collectibles. Daughter had many pop up Christmas Books but I think I passed those ones on to my sister for her little one.