Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Best Christmas Movie ever 2008 finals

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,868
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz
View Poll Results: WHICH IS THE BEST?
Christmas Carol (alistair sim) 5 6.85%
Christmas Carol (george c scott) 3 4.11%
Charlie Brown Christmas 10 13.70%
How The Grinch Stole christmas (animated) 5 6.85%
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer 4 5.48%
Miracle on 34th Street (original) 16 21.92%
Its a wonderful Life 23 31.51%
The Santa Clause 7 9.59%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,177 Times in 418 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Charlie Brown without a doubt.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:12 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
So far its a wonderful life is winning, but its still close
Old 11-22-2008, 03:55 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
and as of today, 11/22 its a wonderful life is in the lead
Old 11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Merry Fourms Member

georgiamom has shown a merry disposition
I love a White Christmas with Bing Crosby I have the dvd and I watch it repeatdly. I believe that it has so much warmth and emotion in it.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

bhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elf
for me it is Miracle On 34th Street I have both B&W and Color versions. I love it then next would be It's A Wonderful life (I need to buy another copy mine was lost last year)
Old 12-03-2008, 01:09 PM

Last Achievements

still a 7 vote lead for its a wonderful life
Old 12-07-2008, 09:21 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Wish there would have been two grand finale polls, one for animated and one for non-animated, it was tough to decide.

I had to go with the one that's on my wish list this year, the original Miracle on 34th Street.

As Scrooges go, Alistair Sim is my favourite, but the Muppet Christmas Carol remains special to me.

Lots of work organizing the polls of 2008, good work, DVDGUY!

Old 12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
I just saw It's a Wonderful Life for the first time two years ago. It's hard to believe, but I can't imagine a Christmas without it now! So that's what I voted for. But now I'm having second thoughts. A Christmas Story has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.

It was tough to choose only one.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
That was such a difficult choice but I went with The Santa Clause! But it has taken me ages to actually decide