Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Jury Duty YUCK

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,808)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Here in the USA, judges seem to rule more than government rules. That was not intended by the creators of our consitution.
I think our forefathers would be shocked at what has happened since they put their own lives in harms way to ensure that we would have freedoms and equal rights.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
can they make you swear ona bible if you are not religious??
Old 11-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
I got a letter for jury duty about 2 and a half year's ago. It was my first time. The bad part about it was that it was for a murder .
Old 11-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

justme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elfjustme324 is a good elf
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
How come they dont want people who believe in God??? Dont they have people swearing on the bible in court??
Dont know. She said she said she didnt feel that she had the right to judge that only God had that right. Like I believe someone said on here. And said that they asked her exactly how religious she was. She said she was offended by the question. Told them she went to church twice a week. And they said they didnt want her.
Rebecca
Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I received a notice to appear in April, but when i called the phone number the night before, I didn't have to go. Hopefully you won't have to go either. Good Luck!!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Served a week on Federal jury duty in February. Then we reached a verdict, I got home and I had a summons for County jury duty. However, I was released because of the previous Federal.

There wasn't any religious component on our questionaire, nor was it even brought up during selection.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I had always wanted to get jury duty and finally I did this year. I was really bummed though when I didn't even get interviewed. The cases were given a extension so I went home with my $11 earned for the day and relaxed since I had that night off from work! I really, really wanted to serve and most people think I'm nuts. I just think it would be cool.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
The first time I was called, it was for the penalty phase of a murder case. I was interviewed in the court room, in front of the guy who had already been found guilty of the murder. It was very creepy. I think that I was dismissed because I was very close to the age of the girl who had been murdered.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Wow, a murder trial.

I was summoned back in August. It was one where I had to call in the night before to see if I had to go in the next day. I didn't, but I had to call again to see, and I did. I wasn't picked for the jury on that one. But, here in Illinois you are on the jury selection for about a month.(same for every state?) So I was called three more
times. One drug case, a breaking and entering. The last one I really didn't have a way to ge to the courthouse, so I called and said I didn't have a ride, and I didn't have to go in! But they didn't use me for any of the cases, so I don't know if they were guilty or not.