Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Do you agree with.....

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,232
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 11-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It would be very nice Kelly ann if they would remain closed. But I suppose the reality of it will always be about the almighty dollar.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
Being one who chronically fails to purchase all required batteries for Christmas Morning... I'm kinda happy to find a shop open not only the day after Christmas, but on Christmas Day as well... sorry!
MissFrissmas (11-05-2008)
Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
When I worked retail Dec. 26th was our busiest day of the year...really, we would run double or triple the totals that we ran in the days leading up to Christmas. It was crazy.

So, although I really make it a point to not do much of anything on Dec. 26 (unless I have to work), people are out there shopping and I guess it doesn't bother me all that much.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Agreed!

Close Them All!
=)
Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Memaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elf
Very well said Kelly!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

MissFrissmas has shown a merry dispositionMissFrissmas has shown a merry dispositionMissFrissmas has shown a merry disposition
I absolutely agree with this and I also think that instead of having that huge sale on the 26th of December, they should have it on the 16th of December... so that we can grab bargains in time for Christmas! Then they close from 25/12 - 1/1.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:06 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm with you Kelly. I was trying to explain 'boxing day' to some american friends once and they thought it was the day after christmas so you could return things you didn't like in their box for a refund/exchange!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by whychristmas View Post
I'm with you Kelly. I was trying to explain 'boxing day' to some american friends once and they thought it was the day after christmas so you could return things you didn't like in their box for a refund/exchange!!!!
hahahahah!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:21 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
When I was small my mother worked in the kitchen at a hospital (back then meals were actually cooked at the hospital). She use to ask the older ladies with no kids or families at home to trade with her so she could have Christmas off and no one would do it. So my mother use to get us up at 3 am so she could see us with our gifts before she went to work. Now places like hospitals that need workers to care for people can not give their employees the day off and shut down but stores that just sell merchandise do not need to be open Christmas Day and I find it really sad that some are open Christmas Day.
It takes away from the family unit that in today's world is so hard to maintain. So as was said before, the almighty dollar is the driving force. It would be great for people to have the day after Christmas off too but it just doesn't happen with most people.