Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Well, it's nice to check in with you all.

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,129 Views  0 Posts
The Legendary Role of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:17 PM
53,198 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Chestnuts
By Christmasstar
09-09-2013 07:30 AM
Last post by Meceka
09-18-2013 08:33 PM
10,687 Views  1 Posts
Gift 2 Mormon Tabernacle Choir...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2012 10:26 PM
81,258 Views  0 Posts
“On the Feast of...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:11 AM
30,107 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

CHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry disposition
Well, it's nice to check in with you all.

I haven't been on in a while... my family has been busy moving into our new house, and school has gotten hectic...
Yeah. So it's nice to be back! Anything big happen while I was gone?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

jolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elfjolly elf is a good elf
Welcome back!!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
It is great to have you back!!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Welcome back. I was thinking of you earlier today wondering how you were .It's good to have you back!
Old 11-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Welcome Back!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Welcome back!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:59 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Welcome Back! been busy with the card exchange

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 11-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Welcome Back!

Old 11-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

TwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnogTwinkleLights25 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Welcome back!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by CHRiSTMAS SPiRiT View Post
...Anything big happen while I was gone?
Welcome back CHRiSTMAS SPiRiT!

We discovered oil on the back forty of the Christmas Tree farm shortly after you left. It was really quite by accident as Westover was out taking soil samples to see if he could turn the place into another Merry Network website. Well to say the least we were all tickled.

We dealt with the tree huggers that showed up out of nowhere by the playing “Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer” alternated with Paul McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime” on Merry Christmas Radio over and over until they finally packed up their righteousness and left.

Then we pooled our resources and hired roughnecks form the coasts of Louisiana and Texas to extract the oil from the ground. This is where things get fuzzy. Naturally we thought that Auntie Mistletoe and Maureen spoke French well enough to make the arrangements. When the roughnecks showed up we wondered why they brought so many horses, bulls, and clowns. Turns out they were part of a rodeo association and not true oil well roughnecks. Who knew that Canadian French and Cajun French were so different?

By this time we were so anxious to become millionaires that we organized ourselves with the rodeo guys and gals, who were at least from South Louisiana & Southeast Texas, to get on with the oil extraction. Elfworks organized the Cajuns, so we ate good. JayIsh and I sortta hung out with the clowns and shuttled tools back and forth while distracting bulls. Binger kept quizzing up the Texans until a fine Opera featuring the Two Step was written and performed every evening after work. Who knew rodeo clowns and JayIsh could "paus du lux" in tu tu’s and cowboy boots?

This went on for about a week before we hit the gusher. That’s when all the attorneys appeared out of nowhere to “help” us with the legal process. They were spouting off about stuff like drilling rights, land stewardship, land ownership, trust funds, and what not until we all ended up in litigation up to our Santa hats. That took a quarter of the profits from the well.

After we paid off the rodeo guys and settled all that legal stuff, the Gold Members got into a big fuss with Platinum Members as to why the Platinum Members should receive a double share of the profits. Back to court we went. All that took another quarter of the profits.

Once we ironed out our differences and were speaking to one another again, we embarked on a Worldwide MMC Tour were we partied in the hometown of every member! Of course we hired the rodeo again and performed the Two Step Opera at every stop! And of course we always ran into legal problems over the horses and cattle that always got loose and tore up the towns we visited! That took up about all of the rest of the profits.

So, you’ve not missed much. We are pretty well back to normal here on the forums since we all reverted back to our former lives after the oil well debacle. At least the redistribution of our temporary wealth was spent on having a great time!

By the way, I squandered enough cash as seed money to to start another Christmas tree farm on the next ridge over from the first one. Anybody else in?

Last edited by RadioJonD; 11-20-2008 at 08:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
HolidayHoney (11-09-2008)