Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > TV » Lighting the tree in Rockefeller Center

TV For any child of the 1960s (and later) Christmas just wouldn't be the same without television. Talk Christmas on the tube here, brought to us and constantly updated by the most comprehensive Christmas television resource online, MerryChristmasTV.net.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,448
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Up in Flames
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:26 PM
47,911 Views  0 Posts
Clement Clarke Moore:...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:58 PM
Last post by Jeff Westover
12-19-2011 11:09 AM
61,686 Views  2 Posts
Santa Doesn't Always...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:21 PM
48,952 Views  0 Posts
Martha Stewart's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:37 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:37 PM
66,256 Views  1 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,222 Views  7 Posts

Old 11-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
holly Lighting the tree in Rockefeller Center

Has anyone heard any news about this? When its going to air on tv, who's going to perform? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to whitexmas For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Surveyor has shown a merry dispositionSurveyor has shown a merry dispositionSurveyor has shown a merry dispositionSurveyor has shown a merry dispositionSurveyor has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by whitexmas View Post
Has anyone heard any news about this? When its going to air on tv, who's going to perform? Thanks!
"Christmas in Rockefeller Center" will air on Wednesday, December 3 (8-9 p.m. ET).

Don't know who's scheduled. The news blurb only says:

"Christmas in Rockefeller Center" is a star-studded, live broadcast from Rockefeller Center in New York City and celebrates the lighting of the world's most famous Christmas tree. The special will include a popular musical lineup celebrating the current hits and favorite holiday music from the world of entertainment.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Surveyor For This Useful Post:
bhenson (11-23-2008), ChristmasFanatic56 (10-12-2009), GingerMel (11-13-2008), Holiday (10-29-2009)
Old 11-09-2008, 10:24 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Ive serched for this and what i got was its 12-03-08 at 7pm here's the link i found some info on.
http://www.newyorkled.com/moreNYseas...eller-Tree.htm

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
pkcrafty (11-23-2008)
Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I woder if someone will post it on youtube for us to watch??
Old 11-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Love Christmas at Rockefeller Center. I think it was last year that I watched the live feed of the tree being loaded into the square. It was really rather interesting to watch them bringing in the huge tree like that.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
It's usually on NBC every year.

ML
Old 11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

whitexmas is a new face around here!
thanks! that helps...i hope i don't work so i can watch it! I can't remember the last time i watched it. But it was always one of my favorite holiday programs.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLtdSnVNwhY

I believe that NBC has a webcam in the square (noticed it on youtube as well)
Old 11-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
NBC puts a lot of its programs on its website.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
Maureen (11-27-2008)
Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
wnbc.com has a webcam on during the tree lighting ceremony.

Of course this will not be the actual telecast, but it's live and gives a different perspective of the event.