Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The History of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:54 PM
78,249 Views  0 Posts
Snow or No Snow?
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 08:18 AM
Last post by trackrebel
07-18-2013 04:46 PM
53,885 Views  4 Posts
Christmas in England
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:13 PM
43,424 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,059 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
33,983 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
oh you HAVE to have them on your roast dinners. they make it!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

bhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elf
I have never heard of it before but I am not a gravy person either so who knows!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I've never had them...always heard about them but never really knew what they were. I might look up a recipe and give them a shot sometime.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,086 Times in 12,620 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Yes, and it is yummy!

I have not made it for some time, but remeber it being very good! I think I will make some next time I cook a roast.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
I just saw them on an old Martha, they looked wonderful! I've never had them, but my great grandparents were from Enlgand and my Dad had them all of the time.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:28 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,148 Times in 815 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
I would like to try one.are they easy to make or is there a store who sells them in the states? if so which one is best?

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 11-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Heard of them but never tasted them. Do they have a pancake or a biscuit like consistency?

Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,402 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
They're made from a flour, salt, egg and milk batter, pretty much like a pancake batter except no sugar. You cook them in the oven. Put a couple of drops of oil into muffin tins and heat the oil up in a REALLY hot oven (400* or over) Take out the muffin tins, pour a bit of batter into the hot oil in each and put them back in the oven. They'll rise up (if they work!) and you can fill them with gravy. Here's a picture with some roast beef. I usually have more than one though ....and more beef than that too - with some roast potatos.....

Old 11-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
They're made from a flour, salt, egg and milk batter, pretty much like a pancake batter except no sugar. You cook them in the oven. Put a couple of drops of oil into muffin tins and heat the oil up in a REALLY hot oven (400* or over) Take out the muffin tins, pour a bit of batter into the hot oil in each and put them back in the oven. They'll rise up (if they work!) and you can fill them with gravy. Here's a picture with some roast beef. I usually have more than one though ....and more beef than that too - with some roast potatos.....

that picture is making me hungry
Old 11-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,071 Times in 657 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Hmm, it looks like it is tasty. I may need to try it out.

Thanks for the description and the picture.