Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,206 Views  0 Posts
The Legend of Baboushka
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:56 PM
58,033 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,690 Views  0 Posts
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,555 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Carol
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:00 PM
188,611 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
tree Kids for Christmas

I am very excited. I found out this week that my daughter and her family will be moving in with us for a while. So I will have my grandchildren here for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Imagine that, toys under my tree. Her husband is in transition changing jobs, his previous place of employment has been seeing a decline in business (they make parts of automobiles) and it's getting worse so he made a wise decision to change careers. In the meantime they need a quick place to stay until they get settled.

My son-in-law was here yesterday and he went shopping and bought 3 of those "I dogs" Of course we had to put batteries in them all to make sure they work so no little one with be upset Christmas morning. Now they are boxed and waiting for the big day from my closet shelf.

Oh what fun it will be.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
That is SO wonderful! That is the one thing I miss the most about my kids getting older. Christmas Eve and morning are different with them "knowing" and not being as excited as they used to be when they were little. It's kind of sad really.

I would love to have little children again on Christmas morning!
joyful (11-12-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That sounds really nice joyful,hope you all have a great time It's great that they have somewhere to go when they need it!
The Following User Says Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-12-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 05:58 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

HolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnogHolidayHoney will NOT spit in your eggnog
I am very happy for you. Enjoy!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
How fun!! And how great your daughter and her family can move in with you while they re-organize their lives. It's times like this that we all realize just how important family is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshine73 For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-12-2008), Memaw_Elf (11-15-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Its very kind of you to take your family in when they need you most. Im sure you will have a wonderful Christmas to remember for years to come.
(make sure you have camera batteries, lol)
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-12-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Yes, it will be an adjustment to have 5 more people with us but it's only temporary until they can find a place and her husband is done with his 5 week training that starts next week. So that takes them very close to Christmas and our main focus is keeping things normal and happy for the kids. We want them to have a wonderful Christmas and remember this Christmas spend with their Nany and Pappy.
It's a family effort, my other daughter is going to help with her oldest niece's homeschooling so that takes some pressure off my daughter that is moving in with me.
She's busy packing and doing it by herself while her hubby is in orientation this week.

I'm very proud of my daughters and how they work together and the strength and wisdom they show. The daughter that is moving in with us now lives 2 hours away from us. So we are happy to have them closer.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,084 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
oh joyful, how lovely!

you are going to have a wonderful christmas. christmas morning will be so much fun!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-15-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
How exciting!!
There's nothing like having small children in your home through CHRISTMAS!!

Merry Christmasly yours,
Linda Bobo Reddoch
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith4always For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-15-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,466 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Sounds like you are going to have a great Christmas!!!!! Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
joyful (11-15-2008)