Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Dear Santa: Cynical...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 09:39 PM
55,076 Views  0 Posts
Of Greatest Worth
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:29 PM
45,195 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,137 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,117 Views  0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,516 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
You shouldnīt do both.....two alcoholic drinks per week are way too much....as much as I know.......smoking is terrible too....but I heard that doctorīs advised women who are heavy smokers....to not stop immediately....but to slow down very slow on their consuming cigarettes....

I was a smoker too....I found out Iīm pregnant.....and stopped it immediately.....didnīt care for it....didnīt need it....didnīt want it....the only thing I did once was drinking this new yearīs eve sparkling wine....

I know about one baby....because her mother smoked....the baby was too small and had to be taken out early....I think around 6 weeks....she was very small....and it took her more than a year to catch up....the worse part even.....6weeks before giving birth....I was in the hospital with a terrible stomach flu.....and there i saw the women with the babies that were too small becos of their smoking.....and they went outside at least 8-10 times each day to feed their addiction....made me angry
I saw women nipping out for cigarettes at the hospital whilst still carrying!! Its absolutely disgusting. Im glad I never started smoking!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
yeah....these women were still pregnant....getting medication for the baby to grow in their stomach....and still went downstairs to smoke.....it made me so mad....

I wish I never started smoking myself....but at least...I stopped it when I found out....

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
it was on my local radio station the other day that new scientific research has proven that a couple of drinks a week will do the baby no harm, but you shouldn't drink anymore than that.

infact, the recommend that you drink guiness as it is packed full of iron. my best friend is pregnant and she has a couple of glasses of this a week. her bump is HUGE! i think she's gonna have a very big, strong baby!

if i feel pregnant, i would pretend to crave all my favourites - chinese food, ben and jerry's, chocolate! i would end up the size of a house!

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
hahaha....I always said the same.....eating all of the stuff I loved......In the end....I ate much less than usual....I just didn´t feel hungry.....weird ain´t it?.....I ate a few more fruits than usual...on purpose....I thought it´s good for the baby...

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Agree trackrebel - I can't stand seeing women that are pregnant with a cigarette lit
Old 11-13-2008, 06:32 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by VeryWelshXmasLover View Post
Agree trackrebel - I can't stand seeing women that are pregnant with a cigarette lit
Same here I used to smoke, but I quit immediately when I found out I was pregnant with my first. After she was born, about 5 months after, I started smoking again (stupid me) but then quit 3-4 months before trying to get pregnant with out 2nd. And now I haven't smoked since And I'm sooo glad!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

snowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoesnowytree would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Years back in the early 90s when I was pregnant with my first, I knew a lady that was pregnant the same time as myself. Well...she was always a smoker and continued to smoke, she said the doctor said it was okay sometimes. Even if he said that,how does that make it right? Nicotine goes through the placenta and the baby will feel the effects of it..some people just don't understand. I know that I have never been a smoker so I try to not be judgemental, but when it comes to your unborn baby you should really have the utmost consideration for a new life.

Congratulations Imm8606 on your quitting
The Following User Says Thank You to snowytree For This Useful Post:
lmm8606 (11-13-2008)
Old 11-13-2008, 06:45 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

lmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoelmm8606 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by snowytree View Post
Years back in the early 90s when I was pregnant with my first, I knew a lady that was pregnant the same time as myself. Well...she was always a smoker and continued to smoke, she said the doctor said it was okay sometimes. Even if he said that,how does that make it right? Nicotine goes through the placenta and the baby will feel the effects of it..some people just don't understand. I know that I have never been a smoker so I try to not be judgemental, but when it comes to your unborn baby you should really have the utmost consideration for a new life.

Congratulations Imm8606 on your quitting

Thanks I have a friend who smoked throughout her pregnancy (we were pregnant at the same time for our firsts) and I couldn't understand how she could do it, knowing the effects that it could possibly have on the baby.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:49 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,411 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Hated being pregnant, bled all the way through, ate black olives and drank chocolate milk at the same time, had a 36 hour labour, forceps, stitches to h*ll and gone, d & c because they left in half the placenta and then a pelvic infection. My "husband" (I use the term loosely) dropped me off at the hospital at 5am and returned again at 6pm that night after 2 rounds of golf with the comment - "haven't you had it yet"?

Not a pleasant time for me although looking back, Bruce was certainly worth it. I'd've argued that point at the time!!

Turning to a professional point of view, what makes you choose the names you do for your children?? Bruce is Bruce Lindsay Gilchrist. Bruce because it was the only name we could agree on, Lindsay because it's an old family surname (and that's what they do in Scotland)

It was really REALLY hard at work to keep a straight face when confronted with the birth certificate of one Pocahontas McGinty!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I know Maureen, I dont know how women can put themselves through it five or even 10 times. I cant say im enjoying it at the moment...I just want the baby, not go through this. I just hope I have an easier birth this time around...