Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,959
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,308)
Welcome to our newest member, richintampa

Old 11-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by sgrover View Post
Miller4plusmore - I know what you mean about wanting a girl. I had my son, and my husband had 2 sons from his first marriage when we got married. So when we decided to go for one of our own, we were really hoping for a girl. It worked out for us too, and we love her to death! Of course another boy would have been loved just as much.
Yes, another boy would be loved just as much by us too! I adore my sons!

I know that if it's meant to be for us to have a girl, then it will happen!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Trinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry dispositionTrinityjae has shown a merry disposition
Hello.

Well, here I am...less than 6 weeks away from delivering my 2nd child and I feel comforted by all of your posts.

Well, I just turned 30, have been married for 4 years (have been with my husband for 10 years) and we are about to become a family of 4!

It took nearly 10 months to become pregnant with my daughter Italia who is now 20 months old and continues to grow like a weed! My pregnancy with her began easily. No morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy. Craved chinese egg rolls OFTEN but wasn't one of those "weird pregnancy foods" type of people. I gained a total of 19 pounds but not without complications. After taking the glucose tolerance test in week 28 it was discovered that I had Gestational Diabetes (diabetes runs in my family) which was controlled through diet. I carried beyond my due date and started to swell two days past my due date which resulted in mild preclampsia and elevated blood pressure which lead to my induction on that very day. After 9 hours of total labor and only 45 minutes of pushing, my daughter arrived weighing in at 8 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. She was a healthy baby girl. The Gestational Diabetes had gone away immediately after her birth.

Later that same year, around the holidays during a routine blood test (for a common cold no less) it was discovered that my blood sugar was elevated (a possible sign of the return of diabetes). Around the time of my daughter's first birthday I became pregnant again (without even trying). No morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy with a craving for chinese egg rolls again and red meat. The thought of steak marinated in garlic made me drool (LOL). The only symptom I had that was different from the first was that the coffee at work tasted like metal. No matter how many times I would wash the coffee pot and brew another it would taste like metal. I knew this pregnancy would be a little more challenging and since my blood sugar was not high enough to consider me a complete diabetic, I indeed had a problem and was glucose impaired. Once the placenta took place, I needed to begin insulin injections (which I take twice on a daily basis) to keep everything under control. So between more than the normal share of ultrasounds and twice weekly non stress tests, it has definitely been an experience. My doctor gave me an original due date of 1/1/09 but since my condition can cause the baby to grow too large, I need to be delivered no later than my 39th week which is Christmas Day. With that being the case, my doctors decided they could wait until 12/26. So, if I don't go on my own by Christmas, I will be in the hospital the day after and will have a son (to be named Christian) that weekend.

After watching my weight and diet closely and having only gained 14 pounds so far it is not without come concern. I am afraid of being induced and not be ready only to have to need a c section. I have a fear of being cut open while having the doctor's hands inside of me. The healing time is longer and I have to also chase after a toddler which doesn't allow time for keeping my feet up. On the brighter side of things, the possibility of the diabetes issue resolving itself is excellent and the odds of having a healthy baby boy are in my favor! Keep your fingers crossed for me all around! Good luck with all of your pregnancies and congrats to all of the mommies out there. The experiences are definitely worth the end result.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:52 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,818 Times in 3,804 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ReineV View Post
Right now, I can't stand the thought of food after a certain time. I heard Christmas music on the radio for the first time this year and started to cry like a baby...why? Hormones!

when we were in Church on Christmas Eve when I was pregnant....they played an old German Christmas Song at the end.....for whatever reason....well hormones....I was standing there bawling...

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-15-2008, 01:59 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,818 Times in 3,804 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Trinityjae View Post
Hello.

Well, here I am...less than 6 weeks away from delivering my 2nd child and I feel comforted by all of your posts.

Well, I just turned 30, have been married for 4 years (have been with my husband for 10 years) and we are about to become a family of 4!

It took nearly 10 months to become pregnant with my daughter Italia who is now 20 months old and continues to grow like a weed! My pregnancy with her began easily. No morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy. Craved chinese egg rolls OFTEN but wasn't one of those "weird pregnancy foods" type of people. I gained a total of 19 pounds but not without complications. After taking the glucose tolerance test in week 28 it was discovered that I had Gestational Diabetes (diabetes runs in my family) which was controlled through diet. I carried beyond my due date and started to swell two days past my due date which resulted in mild preclampsia and elevated blood pressure which lead to my induction on that very day. After 9 hours of total labor and only 45 minutes of pushing, my daughter arrived weighing in at 8 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. She was a healthy baby girl. The Gestational Diabetes had gone away immediately after her birth.

Later that same year, around the holidays during a routine blood test (for a common cold no less) it was discovered that my blood sugar was elevated (a possible sign of the return of diabetes). Around the time of my daughter's first birthday I became pregnant again (without even trying). No morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy with a craving for chinese egg rolls again and red meat. The thought of steak marinated in garlic made me drool (LOL). The only symptom I had that was different from the first was that the coffee at work tasted like metal. No matter how many times I would wash the coffee pot and brew another it would taste like metal. I knew this pregnancy would be a little more challenging and since my blood sugar was not high enough to consider me a complete diabetic, I indeed had a problem and was glucose impaired. Once the placenta took place, I needed to begin insulin injections (which I take twice on a daily basis) to keep everything under control. So between more than the normal share of ultrasounds and twice weekly non stress tests, it has definitely been an experience. My doctor gave me an original due date of 1/1/09 but since my condition can cause the baby to grow too large, I need to be delivered no later than my 39th week which is Christmas Day. With that being the case, my doctors decided they could wait until 12/26. So, if I don't go on my own by Christmas, I will be in the hospital the day after and will have a son (to be named Christian) that weekend.

After watching my weight and diet closely and having only gained 14 pounds so far it is not without come concern. I am afraid of being induced and not be ready only to have to need a c section. I have a fear of being cut open while having the doctor's hands inside of me. The healing time is longer and I have to also chase after a toddler which doesn't allow time for keeping my feet up. On the brighter side of things, the possibility of the diabetes issue resolving itself is excellent and the odds of having a healthy baby boy are in my favor! Keep your fingers crossed for me all around! Good luck with all of your pregnancies and congrats to all of the mommies out there. The experiences are definitely worth the end result.
Ißm sorry about the diabetes...itīs a bad and annoying thing (injecting is the annoying part)...my grandma has it....and a friend had it only during her pregnancy......

About the C-section....I had one....I got out of hospital after 7 days...in Germany thatīs the earliest You get out after a C-section...and I have to say....it healed perfectly...and I never felt the need to recover that much....even after 3 days....on the of my daughterīs birth....I went to the bathroom....when I came out....the nurse asked if I was sure that my baby was delivered by a c-section this morning....cos I was walking so good.

Donīt listen to people who scare You....every woman feels the pain differently...and if the c-section is like mine....You will hear Your baby scream for the first time...will be able to see it for a minute.....and then 15-20 minutes later...You are with the baby as well......itīs not the perfect thing to have....but itīs alright......It would be a funny thing if the baby was a Christkind (Christchild), as we call children born on either the 24th to 26th

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You