Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,459
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat The True Story of Santa...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:59 PM
0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2013
By MMC Editor
10-03-2013 11:07 AM
14,280 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2000
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:54 PM
43,761 Views  0 Posts
How To Get Great Holiday...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:00 PM
46,980 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,131 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
No. I do both spring and fall cleaning everyear. It takes a lot of time, so I could never imagine doing extra just for Christmas.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Memaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elfMemaw_Elf is a good elf
No, but I would love to. Actually never thought about it. Good idea that I might try if there is any extra money.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:15 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

christmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elfchristmasgranny is a good elf
No, but I do have Christmas kitchen towels.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:59 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I wanted some festive curtains for my two kitchen windows and my larger dining area window. So last year I took some pretty red lace that I had and made curtains by just looping the lace over the rods and fastening them adding some Christmas decorations. They looked very pretty. And no sewing (I don't sew).

This year I bought some dark green lacy swags (found them at the Goodwill store) which I am going to add some Christmas decorations. My kitchen is painted a beige color so that makes it possible to work with any color. Total cost for 3 pair of swag curtains was $9.00

I also bought a very pretty red lacy table runner with a Christmas decoration on each end. I found it at the family dollar store. It was either $3 or $4, one of these prices.
It will look nice with the dark green elegant tablecloth that I bought at the Goodwill store for $1.99. It looks brand new. I also got some brand new cloth napkins there that are still in the package, cost 99 cents a package which I'm going to make some pretty napkin holders that are Christmassy.

I decorate my bathroom shower curtain with Christmas colors maybe with ribbon or those Christmas picks or whatever I can find.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,285 Times in 12,644 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star

Originally Posted by joyful View Post
I wanted some festive curtains for my two kitchen windows and my larger dining area window. So last year I took some pretty red lace that I had and made curtains by just looping the lace over the rods and fastening them adding some Christmas decorations. They looked very pretty. And no sewing (I don't sew).

This year I bought some dark green lacy swags (found them at the Goodwill store) which I am going to add some Christmas decorations. My kitchen is painted a beige color so that makes it possible to work with any color. Total cost for 3 pair of swag curtains was $9.00

I also bought a very pretty red lacy table runner with a Christmas decoration on each end. I found it at the family dollar store. It was either $3 or $4, one of these prices.
It will look nice with the dark green elegant tablecloth that I bought at the Goodwill store for $1.99. It looks brand new. I also got some brand new cloth napkins there that are still in the package, cost 99 cents a package which I'm going to make some pretty napkin holders that are Christmassy.

I decorate my bathroom shower curtain with Christmas colors maybe with ribbon or those Christmas picks or whatever I can find.
I love shopping at the goodwill too, and any other thrift store I can find! Great way to save and it is amazing how often they have brand new items there. I got a Hallmark picture frame with horses on it for my horse crazy daughter for Christmas, sill in the box for only $2.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

snowberry has disabled reputation
No kitchen window, just a patio door. But...my daughter gave me the Christmas tablecloth she bought last year. She found a new one she couldn't resist. Hey, I don't mind hand me downs. Bring em on.

snowberry (who thanks Jesus for my new festive tablecloth)