Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » how do you decorate for halloween?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 08-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
how do you decorate for halloween?

i keep al my regular fall stuff up but then add to that with cobwebs and creepy lights and my collection of spooky wind-up toys.

when i had a larger place the outside got all haunted house'd up! tombstones in the garden and ghosts in the trees.

do yall decorate?

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt

Old 08-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
I have pumpkins on the front porch, but nothing else outside. I live on a farm, so nobody would see anything. Inside, though, I go all out. I don't like the gory stuff, though. I decorate with lots and lots of pumpkins, witches, ghosts, Halloween Snowbabies, fall leaves, and some of my own crafts.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
When I was growing up (physically) we lived out in the boondocks. My father, who wouldn't spend a dime if he didn't have to, made a fence for the front yard out of old telephone poles and lathe. Classic, let me tell you. On each pole we would sit our jack-o-lanterns and light them up, then go stand in the road and watch them burn. It was either that or Lawrence Welk. But, even though we were out in the middle of nowhere, kids from the college in town would come out there every year and smash our pumpkins while we slept. Tradition... tradition!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i wish i was better at carving punkers than i am. i suck at it. even with those templates and things. i just suck. it is sad, really. here's hoping the bf has some talent in that regard!

i love the image of all those jackies lined up on the fence posts, grinning in the night.

www.thyca.org

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 08-24-2006, 10:10 PM
On the Naughty List

I remember the time I put the pirate mask on the basketball and put it under the toilet lid. I was nervous about scaring my mom and even more nervous that she wouldn't notice it.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

LOLOLOL!!!!

love ya shnott!!

xo

www.thyca.org

Old 08-25-2006, 08:31 PM
On the Naughty List

Just thought it was weird

Old 08-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Santa Clausologist

mrshfromjersey has shown a merry dispositionmrshfromjersey has shown a merry disposition
awesome
Old 09-04-2006, 06:47 PM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,823 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I guess I'm just decoration crazy. At Halloween, my house looks like the Haunted Mansion. We have a ghost bride in the center upstairs window, and in the yard we have a graveyard with funny tombstones, a skeleton wedding, and on the porch we have a scarecrow family with 2 baby scarecrows. The inside gets all decked out with my vintage Halloween collection. We try to keep it harmless, because so many very young children come to get candy on Halloween. No gore, and just a little scary.
After Halloween, while I'm on the chairs and ladders taking everything down, I'm also putting up all the Christmas lights. Colored lights and wreaths in the windows, lights on the porch, lights in the yard, a Nativity scene, the whole nine yards. I'm the only person in my neighborhood who decorates, and I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts, but who cares. It's a lot of fun to come home to after a long day's work!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

gracie has shown a merry dispositiongracie has shown a merry disposition
I decorate for fall but dont do a whole lot for Halloween. I really like fall decorations -- I think I will dig some out tomorrow and see what I can do around the house.