Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow
View Poll Results: How do you wrap your presents?
Leave them in the bag they came in 0 0%
Gift bags 9 7.32%
Pretty wrapping paper 110 89.43%
Have them wrapped at the store 1 0.81%
It's hard to wrap cash 0 0%
Make personalized homemade gift boxes or bags 3 2.44%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Santa Clausologist

mrshfromjersey has shown a merry dispositionmrshfromjersey has shown a merry disposition
How do you wrap?

So, what is your present wrapping method?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
other: have the wife do it
Old 08-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
somewhere on this forum is a thread i started rgarding my obsession with this subject.

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 08-24-2006, 05:43 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Diddo to what I said on the other Wrapping post. I love wrapping with pretty, vintage-like or kiddie paper.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
i, personally, mix it up when it comes to wrapping...i use gift bags and wrapping paper...depending upon the supply. i try to make my wrapping as neat as possible, but since my sister is usually too lazy to wrap the gifts she's giving to everyone else, i get tired/bored with wrapping around gift number 50...
Old 09-02-2006, 09:20 AM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
The lazy man in me likes the bags, but the traditionalist likes the paper, with ribbons and bows. Bags are reusable; paper becomes unrecognizable.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:37 AM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
bags if I have to do it, paper if the wife is doing it. Just teasing
Old 09-02-2006, 02:06 PM
On the Naughty List

You can only use the teasing card once a day, and even then it has its limits. Try saying, "Yes, that dress makes you look just bovine. Just teasing!" The card doesn't have unlimited power I have found. 8)
Old 09-02-2006, 08:10 PM

Last Achievements

yes wife & cow in the same sentence not a good idea
Old 09-02-2006, 08:15 PM
On the Naughty List

"Dear wife, you don't look nearly as much like a cow as some people." How's that?