Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » I'm so excited!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud

Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

CHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry disposition
I'm so excited!

At my school, we have this thing called Beta Club. (I'm in middle school so I'm not sure if it's the same in high school.) We meet every other day and we donate our time to help people on the weekend. Like, sometimes we'll serve food at the soup kitchen, or clean up parks around town, or read to the kids at Childrens Hospital, ect.
Well, guess what we get to do soon! We get to help run the Fantasy of Trees! We'll be working at the cookie decorating book. You probably don't know what FOT is, but it's a place to look at designer Christmas trees, eat, and just enjoy Christmas time really. It's awesome! (If you wanna check it out the website it http://www.etch.com/Fantasy.cfm )
I'm already a Christmas freak so this is awesome! We just found out about it today and it just added to the things to look forward to.
Does your town have anything like this?

Old 09-11-2008, 05:01 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Wow! What a fun thing to look forward to! Everything about that sounds great! You will have enough time to really study those trees, and enjoy them! And learn some great decorating tricks!

And working in the cookie decorating booth is about as Christmassy as it gets! That will be so much fun for kids (and adults too).
Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,802 Times in 4,069 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That is so awesome! 1st of all that you are doing so many nice things for others & 2nd, you get to do something so fun & Christmassy!! Doing all those good deeds is paying off! How Fun!! ENJOY!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,065 Times in 613 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
That is wonderful. I'm glad you got into it.

My area doesn't do anything of that nature but I have traveled to places where beautiful trees were decorated, I love to go and see them. Gives me lots of ideas.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
That sounds so fun .

My daughter was in BETA and she got to go to New York and Disney World

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
That's really great ! And congratulations on all the volunteering you and your schoolmates are doing ! Making the world a better place begins with yourself !
Old 09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
How nice I asked my son if he had one in his school and he isnt sure? Hasnt heard of it.. I wonder if its something they could start?

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Christmas Spirit,I forgot to check the link you posted.I too live in Tennessee and may just have to check this out .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

CHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry disposition
Thanks guys! Yeah, I think it's gonna be awesome. Cookies + pretty Christmas trees = a really good night. Lol.

About your son, maybe it is possible. Anything is if you try. Maybe it depends on what grade he's in? At our school you can only be in it if you're in 8th grade. It's probably is different there though.

Your daughter's really lucky then, lol. Our school can't do that because we don't have the funds to- but we do get to take a day off at the end of the year and go to the mall with eachother, so that'll be fun.

Last year my older brother, his wife, and my little brother all went together. They got tons of ideas. My sister-in-law decorated their tree after one of them there and it turned out beautiful! It had ribbon, and teddy bears, and glitter, and it was just really pretty.

And yeah, you should come if you can! It'll be really fun.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Your charity work is admirable. I hope you have fun with Fantasy of Trees.