Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Does anyone decorate at work?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,079 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in England
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:13 PM
43,447 Views  0 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,037 Views  0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2013
By MMC Editor
10-03-2013 11:07 AM
14,257 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2009
By MMC Editor
06-11-2009 11:15 PM
45,373 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Does anyone decorate at work?

It's a slow day here, last day before Thanksgiving, I'm the only one in my row, so...I got out all my Christmas decorations. I have a little tree that I do up, a little nativity, a candy bucket that says "Joy to the World" that I fill with little candies, and a few things to hang up on my cabinet, an old fashioned Santa, a snowman, a start, a couple of stockings etc., and of course my countdown chalkboard. Just wondering if anyone else does, or is allowed to? I know some places of business (like my sister's) don't allow anything.

My work, fortunately, lets us decorate within reason, and even puts up several huge trees and winter type displays. We'll be hosting our Holiday Breakfast soon, and it will look like a Winter Wonder Land here! When my daughter was little, she came here for the breakfast (got to see Santa etc.), and she thought for several years that Mom worked at the North Pole, .
Old 11-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
i do - well this is my first year. my last company was very politically correct and you could not have anything.

this year my company is more free and i am putting a tree, dancing snoopy, etc. in my office
Old 11-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I was allowed to decorate my first year at work and it was great. Then they put a stop to it because of ISO policies. If anyone works in manufacturing you'll know what that means. Well, I got a little sick of it so I started putting up some stuff on top of my desk light (there's a shelf on top of my light). My boss hasn't said anything yet. As long as I don't put anything up there that has glitter or something like that that could fall onto my work area I think I'll be ok. I put up a little gold tree that had little ornaments glued to it, a santa count down thing, a couple of shelf sitters (reindeer and santa) and a little swing with frosty and santa sitting in it together. This year I have some of the same decorations but, I don't know if I'll use them or use some new things. I already have my Santa countdown at work so I just have to add some more things. I always do my decorations in a tasteful way so that I don't blow it for everyone. So far, so good!!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,403 Times in 1,734 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I've got a fine line to tread. As I work in a Registrar's office, we do the registering of births, deaths and marriages. So, while we can do decorations, we can't have anything religious (legal requirement; we're civil ceremonies - if people want a religious wedding, they can go to church) Also, we can't be too over the top as we are constantly dealing with the bereaved and they aren't always receptive to Christmas at these times.

So we do understated and tasteful. A tree in the reception area, two small trees in the Marriage room. Can't have a nativity or a star on the tree but it's Christmas nonetheless and we do what we can!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 03:20 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,056 Times in 3,685 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I don´t work right now...but the places I worked at...nobody really did it...even I didn´t it....cos I hated my working place....at least the first one...the second one was cool...but somehow...I never cared about my working place looking somewhat homely...so I never put Christmas Stuff up...funny tho...since I´m such a Christmas Nut.

I forgot to mention...that I think it would have been alright from the boss to put some little lings on the table....

oh wait...thinking bout it...we had a Advent´s wreath in one of the rooms....that was the deocratoions.

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Yes we put a few decorations up, and a little tree that is kinda old, we need one new one for next year
Old 11-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I do a lot of decorating at work. I teach Pre-K so I get to have a lot of fun!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Well I work from home, so yes! When I was a pre-school teacher I did though, and DH's whole office gets into it. They put up lights, a tree, wreath, etc. and he has his own little tree in his office.

Click to see my photography!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

Boogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBoogedy would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by sugarplum fairy View Post
I do a lot of decorating at work. I teach Pre-K so I get to have a lot of fun!
I just caught your post--I taught pre-k too (for about 6 years). It is a lot of fun with the kids!

Click to see my photography!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:57 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
When I worked in an office my boss was Jewish but he didn't care if we had a tree. So I put the tree up and one day he came in with an ornament saying his little girl sent it because she wanted him to put it on our Christmas tree, it kinda broke my heart for she loved our tree and they didn't have one.